Chapter 9: Ice-Breakers Are Still Awkward, Change My Mind

Ahahaha

Hi

.....this story is ass

Also

I thought that I put this chapter out like months ago, and was even finally getting around to working on the next one again.

So to all the people who thought I was legitimately dead

My bad

...lmao

"You want me to....give information about Atlantis in order for me to be let go?" George frowned.

"Basically, yeah," Dream shrugged. "That's not a problem, right?"

"Are you kidding? No way," George crossed his arms, scowling. "I'd rather wait here forever. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?"

"Naturally, but if you have nothing to hide, then it's okay," Dream responded.

Dream had eventually returned. He had put it off for as long as he could, which was only a few hours. He had gone as far as to do the meticulous chores that Callahan would normally impose upon some unlucky crew mate every Thursday, but he had been rescued by Bad.

The demon had unofficially diagnosed the captain with self-inflicted insanity, as nice as the gesture of cleaning out the dirty cupboards was, and had ordered that he do something about whatever was bothering him.

As short as the doctor was, compared to Dream's tall frame, practically everyone knew not to challenge Bad once he had made a decision.

It would be ridiculous to challenge a medical professional, anyway, right?

Regardless, Dream was fully aware of what was bothering him.

Aside from his own concerns about Eret's warning about the waters they were currently in, one thing was constantly on his mind.

And the issue came in the form of blue scales and angry eyes.

After getting kidnapped, wounded, and made into a hostage, Dream didn't doubt that George should be allowed a little bit of malice against him, as a treat.

However, his compliance would make everything just a little bit easier.

Dream's last attempt had ended badly. George shut down and didn't even want to answer him kindly. All he needed to do was just explain everything and what his people were planning beneath the ocean, and Dream could devise a plan on what to do. The missing ships could get rescued, the Ghost Sea would be under their control again, and he could go back to messing around with floundering nations. He didn't need a stubborn mermaid delaying his plans any further.

For now, he stared down at the mermaid lying in a makeshift pool, his mask giving away nothing. Dream never liked putting people in cells —- much easier to kill them and dispose of their bodies —- but this mermaid was a special case. The crew of the SMP didn't treat George like it, of course, with his barrel taking up a lot of the cell space, but they didn't have the will to make a cozy stay for the mythical creature.

Dream just needed answers, and this mermaid was his one chance at getting them.

The captain didn't have any new material, however, and asking the mermaid the same questions over and over seemed to only trigger the same responses as before. George was very irritable, Dream also noticed. Dealing with royalty wasn't exactly Dream's idea of fun, but he had experienced it enough times to easily recognize familiar signs of entitlement.