Chapter 1: New Beginnings.

6:30 am. Monday- August 10th.

Shoyo Hinata silently walked out of the house, quietly shutting the door and taking the key, locking it. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding as he stuffed the key in his hoodie pocket. First day at Karasuno... he thought bleakly, walking to his bike. He grabbed his lock and put it around his neck, walking his bike to the end of the driveway before getting on it. He began to petal, letting his mind wander back to almost a year ago...

His father had gotten into a bad car accident, resulting in his death and his mother's drinking problems. How she would always beat Natsu and him until the night she beat his sister to death, lying to the police saying she was getting beaten at school and fell down the stairs in a crying mess, leaving Hinata horrified and utterly alone.

His mind wandered back to the present. Hinata blinked back tears which threaten to fall. He glanced at his watch. 7:00am. He should be arriving now. As he went down a hill he saw it. There, standing tall in it's defeated and rebuilt glory, was Karasuno. Heart racing, anxiety flaring, Hinata stopped his bike and got off, walking to the nearest bike rack. He quickly attached the lock and grabbed his schedule. Frist class: History. Inwardly groaning, he read the paper a few times before wandering off to find his homeroom. He had to be at the gym right after his last class. That made his anxiety ebb slightly. He balled his hands to determined fists. He was ready. 

   *                                                     *                                                        *              

Hinata zipped out of his last class and ran to the gym, barely able to hold back his excitement. He had barely payed any attention to the lessons as he couldn't help but wonder... what would the team be like? He shook his head. No. The team would be great, just like the article said...right? He let out a breath as he approached the gym. He stopped at the doors and walked in, instantly stunned by the size of it. The floors were smooth and clean, a net was set up in the middle, a scoring chart on one end of the net and a big basket of volleyballs on wheels stood on the other. Basketball hoops hid away on either side of the gym and ads hung off the side walls.

"Hello?" 

A voice from behind him rang softly. Hinata jumped, turning quickly to see a guy, taller than him (Obviously). He had an odd color for hair: grey and a bit of white. His eyes were a gorgeous color of brown and gray mixed. His smile was warm and welcoming. Hinata bowed quickly. "H-hi.." Hinata stuttered. The guy chuckled. "Are you one of the first years here to join us?" Another guy, this one with a buzz cut, spoke up. "I- yea?" He looked up, standing straight again. "M-my name is Shoyo Hinata." Hinata said quickly. "Welcome, Shoyo. My name is Koshi Sugawara and this is Ryunosuke Tanaka." The guy with the greyish hair said brightly, nodding at the guy with the buzz cut...or Ryunosuke as he called him. Hinata bowed. "Thank you for having me, Captain." Hinata had just guessed that Koshi was the captain. He went stiff when he chuckled.

"Oh I'm not the Captain."

"You're not?"

"No, though I am the co-captain!"

Stupid stupid! He slapped himself mentally. "I can get the Captain for you." Koshi offered. Hinata bowed. "Yes...please." His voice was strained. He couldn't believe he just did that! So much for a good first impression. Hinata pulled himself out of a bow. "Here we call everyone by our last names. You'll be called 'Hinata' from now on. And you'll call me Tanaka." Ryunosuke- no- Tanaka- said. Hinata nodded. "O-okay.." He messed with his fingers. He felt awkward. "Hello." an unfamiliar voice rang. Hinata looked up. Standing next to Koshi- NO WAIT- SUGAWARA- was another tall guy, peaking just above Sugawara. "I'm Daichi Sawamura. But I get referred to as Daichi." He said. Daichi was just as handsome as Sugawara, with dark brown hair, gorgeous brown eyes, a broad jaw line, muscles, height. He had it all in Hinata's case. "I'm not sure if Tanaka told you yet, but usually we go by our last names. Sugawara goes by Suga." He said after a minute. Hinata nodded. "Yea..he told me." He mumbled, not daring to meet Daichi's gaze. "Alright Hinata. Stand by the wall. You'll be with others soon." Daichi seemed to force a smile. Hinata nodded and walked to the wall behind him.

After about a few minutes, another first year walked in. He had dark raven hair, gorgeous dark ocean blue eyes, a tall thin frame, some muscle, and a cold glare. Yet something made him familiar to Hinata. He froze when he realized... "The King.." Hinata whispered. What's he doing at Karasuno? Why isn't he in some other elite team like Aoba Johsai or Shiratorizawa? Hinata went stiff when the King walked towards him and stood beside him. Hinata flinched when he received a cold glare from him. "Your small," The King observed, eyeing Hinata with slight disgust. Hinata jumped. "H-hey! I'm not that small!" He protested, looking up at the King. He smirked. "Your the King, aren't you?" Hinata said lowly. The King went stiff and slowly looked down at Hinata. Gulp.. Hinata flinched. "Don't. Call. Me. That." He hissed, grabbing Hinata by the collar and lifting him off the ground. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Hinata yelped, struggling against him. The King glared at him and dropped him. With a loud thud, Hinata hit the ground. "What is your name anyway?" Hinata questioned as he stumbled up.

"Tobio. Kageyama Tobio." He mumbled, fixing his gaze on Daichi, Suga and Tanaka who were huddled together, talking silently.

"That's better." Hinata snorted.

"Names Shoyo Hinata." Hinata stuck out his hand for Kageyama to shake. Kageyama just stared at him, clueless. "N-never mind.." Hinata grumbled, facing forward as Daichi, Suga and Tanaka walked forward. "Alright." Daichi said after a minute. "Kageyama and Hinata. I want to see your skills. What needs to be improved, what you need to learn and what to perfect." He scanned them over. "Kageyama, you'll be working with me, Hinata with Suga and Tanaka since I know your still new to this." Kageyama and Hinata both bowed. Tanaka walked behind Hinata laughing loudly. "Get to work with us eh Shrimpy?" Tanaka put an arm around him, stumbling and laughing. "Tone it down Tanaka." Suga scolded as he walked towards Hinata. Hinata flinched. All this was too much. He shrank under Tanaka and bit his lower lip. "Hinata?" Suga bent down and looked at him. "I'm fine!" Hinata shot up, laughing nervously. "Alright...if you say so." Suga got up as well and walked to the net. "Let's start!"

        *                                                                          *                                                                                   *

SLAM! Suga had finally set for Hinata. Hinata had jumped to hit the ball, the top of the net meeting his stomach. He landed, smiling like an idiot. The gym was silent as everyone stared at him in awe. He was still smiling like a giant idiot. This was it. These were new beginnings for Hinata. 

A/N:  Heyy my little Simps! I'm publishing the first chapter because I wanna see if you all like it and want me to continue! Until next time!