𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗟𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻 𝗥𝗶𝘁𝗲 || 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈

𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗧𝗢 𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗡𝗗 𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗡 𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗘- 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -

- 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

YOU RUSHED UP THE STAIRS

leading to the top floor of Wangshu Inn, hoping to find your best friend Xiao to convince him to spend lantern rite together. Being friends with him for so long certainly taught you a lot. Sure, he disliked crowded places but the fact that he believed he shouldn't enjoy festivities because of his past worried you.

You didn't want that for him. You wanted him to be happy and to enjoy things while they lasted.

You jogged up the stairs until finally you found him brooding like always on the top floor. "Xiao!" You yelled a little too loudly for his comfort, slumping over with your hands on your knees. "Hmph. Shouldn't you be celebrating the festival with your friends?" He asked, his arms crossed over his chest.

You scowled at him but his back was turned to you. "Xiao, please listen to me." The male turned his body ever so slightly and had his eye planted on you. With a sigh, you straightened yourself out and approached him. "Will you please.. go to the Lantern rite with me?"

He flinched at the request but his eyes never left yours. You pleaded with your most adorable puppy eyes and as much as he wanted to give in to you, he still had a guilty feeling brewing in his stomach. "I..." he paused, almost sounding like he was going to say yes to your invitation.
"I don't want to, (Y/n). sorry." Your hopeful expression fell but that didn't mean you gave up. 

"Xiao, I understand how you're feeling but I feel like you should at least give it a try?"

The male remained quiet as you moved closer to him, almost even placing your hand on his. Xiao huffed, trying to still his beating heart. "I already told you, (Y/n). I don't want to."
You bit the inside of your cheek, not knowing what to say or do to get him to somehow be interested but you were drawn a blank. Maybe begging him nonstop would annoy him and force him to join you. But you couldn't really push yourself to do that because you wanted him to have fun too.

You opened your mouth to speak again but Xiao told you off again. "Just give up, there's nothing you can say to make me go. I'd rather stay here." He leant his arms on the railing, avoiding your gaze and overlooking the landscape. But It didn't stop you from saying what you had in mind.

"Xiao, if you're not gonna go for the festival, why not go.. for me?" You almost felt anxious but you knew that Xiao actually enjoyed your company. Even though he wouldn't admit it aloud.