𝗦𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗗𝗮𝘆 || 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈

𝗦𝗜𝗖𝗞 𝗗𝗔𝗬- 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -

𝗦𝗜𝗖𝗞 𝗗𝗔𝗬
- 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

IT WAS THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

when Xiao was woken up by your endless tossing and turning in bed, at first it wasn't too bad until you accidentally kicked him in the back, almost making him fall of the bed. "(Y/n)?" He called in a quiet murmur after turning his body over to face you.

He expected to see you awake but instead he found you with eyes squeezed shut and beads of sweat on your temple. "Hey," he placed a hand on your forehead and was shocked to find out that you were having a fever. "I'll be right back." He told you although you were still asleep.

Xiao quickly parkour-ed down the stairs to fetch you a damp towel and a glass of water then returned to you to place the towel over your forehead and the water on the bedside table.

The loud thumping of the floor boards due to him running about woke you up. "Xiao?" You groaned, eyes trying to adjust to the lamp light by the bed. Xiao knelt down beside the bed to meet your height and took your hand to plant a soft kiss to it. "You're sick, my love. I will return quickly with some medicine and vegetable soup so don't go anywhere." He ordered before making a dash down the stairs again.

Seeing him run so quickly made your head dizzy and you let your head fall back. You felt awful; your breathing felt heavy and your body although felt warm to Xiao was pretty cold to you.

You pulled the blanket over your head and awaited Xiao's return.

Your lover was in the kitchen, cutting up some carrots and potatoes to toss it into the pot on the stove. "Okay, now some salt and pepper.." he muttered to himself as he added the ingredients in and stirring the pot.

Xiao kept glancing at the cookbook and silently hoped that it would taste good since he really couldn't call himself a cook. And so there he was, making vegetable soup in the middle of the night to rescue his dear girlfriend from the evil clutches of the fever. >:(

"No.. no I'm okay." You told yourself followed by a sniff before pushing yourself out of bed. Wrapping the blanket around your body and over your head like a burrito, (wait- do they know of burritos?) you slowly made your way down the stairs, keeping a lazy grip on the handlebar.

The smell of vegetable soup caught your nose, urging you to quicken your pace. "Xiao?" You called weakly once you arrived in the kitchen.
He quickly spun around to see you smiling and chuckling. "Hi" you piped up.

Xiao had a disapproving look on his face before he made his way over to you. "Didn't I tell you not to go anywhere?" He said with a click of his tongue, his hands reaching up to place them on either side of your head. "Hehe, you're really pretty.."

Xiao blushed and tore his gaze away from your own. "The sickness is making you delirious."

"Alright then, back to bed with you." He spoke, scooping you up into his arms and walking up the stairs to your bedroom. "Ka-Xiao.."
(Lightning McQueen-) you giggled to yourself, and he looked at you bewildered. "Please promise me you'll stay in bed until I finish cooking."

You nodded lightly as he gently lay you back down on the bed and placing the damp towel back on your forehead. "Now stay." He ordered, pointing his finger toward you. "Hehe.. okay." Xiao shot you a look before retuning to the kitchen to transfer the soup on a bowl.

Not long after, Xiao returned with the bowl of soup and a small cup of medicine he had stored in the cupboard.

"Hey," he smiled softly, sitting down on the empty space of the bed along with the tray of food. "(Y/n), hey." He called once more, his hand shaking you awake again. "I made you a little something."

Your eyes peeled open before Xiao helped you sit up with the pillows now resting behind your back on the headboard. "Eat up, it'll make you feel better. Also, I'm sorry if it isn't any good. You know I can't exactly cook." He said, taking the spoon and raising it up to your lips.

You gladly accepted and closed your eyes to analyze the flavors. "Well?" He asked, leaning closer out of curiosity. Your eyes shot open once again and they were sparkling with joy. "It's amazing!" You beamed.

Xiao sighed in relief before raising the spoon for another serving. "I can feed myself you know.." you pouted but gladly accepted his offer anyways. Xiao kept a small smile on his face as he looked at you "but I like spoiling you."

You giggled with a blush staining your cheeks.
"I love you so much, (Y/n)" he suddenly said
"Hehehe I love you too" you grinned, raising your hand to pinch his cheek, "yeah, you're totally delirious right now.." Xiao sighed.

"You mean delicious?"

"No, (Y/n). You're delirious."

"That's what I said, though."

Xiao couldn't help but laugh at your adorableness. "Hey, don't laugh!" You scolded with arms crossed over your chest. "Stop talking and eat your soup." Xiao let out a brief chuckle after those words left his lips, lifting the spoon once more.

"....fine."