chapter 1

This is not my original idea

Ayumi_otaku4ever originally made this. They discontinued the book though (I think) so I'm making this!!

I tweaked the last chapter a bit so sorry about that but it flowed along with my idea a little better. Sorry!!

################

Patton leant down to Janus's height lightly patting his head "hello. Why are you here Jan?"

"Mad a me" Janus hid his face in his stuffie lightly crying.

"I'm sure that's not the case kiddo! How about you go lay on the couch and I'll get you a nice blanket. We can watch cartoons for a bit to cheer you up!"

"O-otay. Sowwy" Janus clung to Patton's arm  following him as they mad their way to the couch Janus was so familiar with. He lied down being given a nice green and yellow blanket "Emus an me"

Patton lightly cringed at the word Remus. He loved Remus dearly but he was still trying to get along with him...after the split and all "yeah! Those are Remus's colors. What cartoon do you wanna watch?"

"Wittwe Einsiens!"

"Alrighty kiddo" Patton tucked Janus into a blanket burrito letting the cartoons play while he summoned a glass of strawberry milk for Janus. He knew of little, he actually was one. Logan took care of him and even sometimes Logan regressed and Patton was there for him! Either way he was working on the relationships with the dark sides and  if this will help it he'll take it.

Janus was currently watching the cartoon just bobbing his head along with the music. He liked it. The music was from the 1800s and the snek having the style and wit he has when big LOVED the 1800s. Even little him indulged in children's books about it.

Soon Remus sank up into the living room with his morning star raised "WHERE IS HE" He yelled.

~rewind~

As the two sides were arguing they never noticed Janus slip away until 10 minutes after he did. They searched every part of the mind scape screaming at each other "HOW DID YOU LET HIM GO??!!!" Remy screeched worridly looking around

"I didn't know!" Remus argued back voice breaking he was really scared.

What if Patton took him?

What if Janus ran into a monster in the imagination?

What if Janus got rated by a flying seaguall???

All of these thoughts were running wild so he escaped where the thoughts wouldn't be so bad and the place they haven't checked yet.

The light sides.

Yes, Remus absolutely despised it there but, he knew sometimes Janus went there when he just needed a break from the chaos...a place much happier.

I mean...Remus couldn't blame him.

Remus rose up into the light sides seeing Patton making something for Janus

'It's poison'
'It's poison'
'He's gonna poison Janus'

Remus raised his mace when he heard a small voice cry out

=present=

"Nu!!! Pwease! Stwop Emus!"

Seeing his literal BOSS cry out in that small child like voice made his heart drop to Romolus's grave (1000 feet into the ground)  he put down his mace and watched the terrified Patton just so horrified with himself

"Hey...Jan?? Why are you here?" Remus kneeled down beside Janus on the couch. He brushed off the anger and everything just wanting to focus on the timid snake in front of him.

Here we go...