Pinky Promise Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Hey Rick, is it cool if we head to the creek?" T-Dogg asked, "We can fill up on water.  Boil it later."  Nodding Rick told him to knock himself out before turning and speaking to her father.  

Stepping over towards Daryl who was by his motorcycle loading his crossbow Beth asked, "So what are we doing?"  Squinting up at her Daryl studied her face before standing straight, "Hey Rick, while the others wash their panties Greene and I are going hunting," he called before telling her to grab her shit so they could hunt.

Reaching back Beth felt the gun he had given her months ago in her waistband and making sure her knife was still in its sheath on her belt she waved the machete towards the woods, "After you."  

"Bethie be careful and listen to Daryl," she heard her daddy call.  Turning towards him she waved, "I always do, Daddy."

They had been walking silently through the woods for a few minutes before Daryl asked her what happened.  Sighing Beth rolled her eyes, "Just Lori poking her nose in.  Did you know knowing how to defend myself from walkers and rapists is really a cover for me to get you out here in the woods so I can throw myself at you?" she questioned sarcastically silently laughing when she could see Daryl blush. 

"Don't worry I proved her wrong after taking out two walkers while she was squatting in the woods," she continued fired up, "I mean she's got no room to question anyone, you know?  And even if we were coming out here to have sex or something ain't none of her damn business," Beth exclaimed irritated.

Snorting Daryl  shook his head, "Jesus, Beth.  You know if the others ever heard some of the shit that comes out of your mouth they'd probably string my ass up thinking it's my fault."

Shrugging Beth stopped him with a hand to his arm, "Maggie wouldn't.  She's about the only one other than you I feel I can actually have an opinion around," she told him pointing towards the rabbit tracks she had spotted.  

Nodding Daryl took the lead as they chased down dinner.  The two had bagged three rabbits by the time they came across railroad tracks.  "Where you think they go?" Beth questioned.  Biting the inside of his cheek Daryl glanced over at her before shrugging, "Let's go find out."

They had been walking for almost ten minutes when they rounded a bend in the tracks and stopped and stared.  "Daryl," she whispered, staring at the walls and fences of what was a very large prison.  

Nodding Daryl took in the structure, "We'd have to clear the yard," he told her, "It could work though."

"What do you want to do?  Go down or go get the others?" she asked.  Shaking his head he motioned her to turn around, "We need to get the others.  Ain't no way just the two of us can clear that yard."

It didn't take long to get back and tell the others what they had found.  "I didn't see any prison on the map," Maggie said, pulling the map back out.  

Leaning over Daryl studied the map, "Based on where we went I'd say we follow this route here.  Should bring us out to where we seen it."  Nodding Rick called out for everyone to get ready to follow Daryl, "Lead the way," Rick told him.

Leaning forward Beth stared out the window as she saw the guard towers of the prison come into view, "Look, there it is," she exclaimed to Maggie, Glenn, and her daddy, Hershel.  Patting her arm Hershel smiled at his youngest, "You two make quite a team, Bethie.  You and Daryl did good."

Smiling widely Beth kissed her father's cheek, "Thank you, Daddy."  

Hopping out of the car when it came to a stop outside the prison fences she joined the rest of their group as they studied the prison.  Nodding Rick glanced at Daryl and Beth, "Good find you two."