Chapter Four

"How're holding up, Kiddo?" Eda asked at dinnertime.

"School was fine. Willow and Gus know."

"They do? How?" Lillith asked with a nervous twinge to her voice.

Luz tensed up, Eda was quick to defend her. "It's fine, Lily. Willow and Gus are nice kids."

"It was nice to tell someone." Luz smilled.

"It's nice to have someone to support you." Eda smiled. "It sure made my curse a bit easier to deal with.

"I don't see why you're beating around the bush. If there's one person you need to be telling, it's however caused this mess."

Luz was already nauseous from the sound of Lilith's voice, but it was more uncomfortable to think of her being right.

Luz needed to talk to Amity, she knew that. But whenever she imagined doing it-

A glass cup fell to the ground, the table shook. Luz could feel herself choking on blossoms. 

"Dammit, Lily what did you do?"

"I am not responsible for this!"

 Luz finally caught her breath, frozen with fear.

"Luz, are you okay?" King asked, woken from his nap by the noise.

"I'm fine King."

Eda had Lillith's hair gripped tightly between her fingers as she cussed loudly in her sister's face.

Luz retreated to her room, watching cat videos with Hooty, trying to forget the one person in the world that her life depended on.

(Sorry for the short chapters, they're easier to write and get out to you guys. I promise next chapter will be a little longer💞)