"She's -"

"Hey, I'm telling a story here. Rude." he glared at Tyler.

Caroline smacks him upside the head, "Shut up." She hissed.

"Damon, please continue. " Stefan said, folding her arms across his chest.

"As you can imagine, the first year was horrible. All we seemed to do was fight, bicker and fight some more, it was non-stop. I found myself, on numerous occasions, wanting to snap the witches' neck but I couldn't. People would start questioning what happened to her and I didn't need that," he said. "So, I would annoy her just as much as she annoyed me. I'd make her these pancakes with whipped cream fangs every morning - she hated them and because she hated them I continued to make them." he says.

Caroline smiled and squeezed Stefan's arm. She found it cute.

"It wasn't until the second year when I actually started to enjoy having her around. She'd grown on me. I found that the little things she did no longer bothered me the way they used to. Maybe it was because I'd gotten so use to them that they no longer bothered me. Or because I'd rather have her around annoying me than dead, I don't know but I'd began to..." he glanced up at Elena. "I don't know. We'd realized that in order for us to make it, and not lose our minds, we had to at least learn to tolerate each other. So, we talked. I would do my best not to kill her and she would do her best not to kill me." he stated.

Damon then jumped to his feet and moved toward the bottle of bourbon that sat on one of the side tables. He went to reach for it but stopped. He remembered the promise he made to Bonnie.

He sighed and looked at the wall upfront of him. "Everything was as it should be: I still loved Elena and she still loved Jeremy. The world was as it should be - minus the whole 'we're -dead' part. Then one day, everything just seemed to change," he turned around and looked at all of them. "I'd unknowingly started to enjoy being with Bonnie. I began to enjoy cooking for her, making her laugh and smile, and kissing her on the cheek goodbye every morning," his gaze met Elena's. "I'd found myself in a routine with the witch, one I'd grown custom to and liked. I began to enjoy the life I built with Bonnie."

"I don't understand what any of this has to do with why you fell in love with my girlfriend!" Jeremy hissed.

Damon glared at him. "Are you slow to understand? Have you not been listening to a word I've said?" he hissed.

"Damon, continue." Caroline hissed.

Damon sighed and allowed his gaze to drift around the room before it fell on Elena, "I fell in love with Bonnie because after everything that I've done - to her, you, her friends and her family - she accepted me for the monster that I am. Even when I screwed up, which was often, she never gave up on me," he stated truthfully. "After spending three years with her, after spending three years with a person I thought I hated and would not give a second thought about letting die just to save you, I realized something," he said.

"What?" Elena asked.

"I realized that I was never in love with you, Elena." he admitted.

He watched her eyes widen in shock. "What?" she gaped.

"Did I love you? Yes, who wouldn't? You're smart, beautiful, and funny; you're everything a guy could ask for but," he stepped closer. "I was only in love with the idea of you. I was in love with the idea of you being all of what Kathrine wasn't. You were what I wished Kathrine to be. I wanted something I knew I would never have."

"Wha - how..." Elena stumbled over her words.

"I'm sorry, for hurting you. The last thin I wanted was to hurt you Elena. I didn't plan this, falling in love with Bonnie, it just happened. I never meant to fall in love with her but I had to accept the truth," he took a breath. "And when I did, I felt something I'd never felt before:true and unconditional love. She became the only woman I wanted in arms, in my bed and in my life. She was everything I wanted and needed."

"Oh. My. God." Caroline nearly screamed. "You're really in love with Bonnie."

Damon rolled his eyes at her, "Look, you wanted to know the truth and now you do. She can do something that Katherine, Elena and every other girl I've ever been with can't."

"Which is?" Matt asked.

"Love me,fully and completely. . Bonnie is loyal, honest and faithful and if you're lucky enough then she will love you unconditionally," he stated. "If I'm lucky enough, she will show me the same love, faith and loyalty."

"Wow. I have to say that I never would have expected Damon Salvatore to be such a romantic poet." Tyler laughed.

Damon glared at him. "Keep talking, dog, and you'll be hopping around on your back legs."

"Damon, that was - I have to admit that what you said was very...romantic." Caroline said with a smile.

"Look, now that I've poured my cold dead heart out, can we get back to finding a way to bring BonBon back?"

Stefan stepped forward. "Let's get this game started. You take that side of the library," Stefan points to the left side. "And I'll take the right."

Damon raised a brow. "Let the games begin." he said, looking at Caroline before turning and walking away.