~Chapter 2~

"No!"

"Come on Bakugo, it's not that bad-"

"FUCK NO! I'm not riding on your back like a fucking kindergartener!" Kirishima sighed in annoyance.

"Why are you making this so difficult?"

"I'm not doing it!" Bakugo snarled. 

"What other option do we have!? We need to find water and you can't walk!"

"I can take care of myself!"

"Did I mention you can't walk?"

"Shut up!" Kirishima ran his fingers through his hair and took a deep breath. Dealing with Bakugo could be really hard sometimes. They had been arguing for ten minutes and he was still getting no where.

"Bakugo, we're stuck in the woods and need to find water, I'm not leaving you alone."

"I said I can take care of myself!"

"If I was in your situation, would you leave me alone?" Bakugo hesitated.

 "Exactly. So will you stop acting like a baby and just let me do this?" Bakugo met Kirishima's eyes with his famous glare, but he didn't back down. After an intense staring contest, Bakugo lowered his gaze.

"Don't get any fucking weird ideas." Kirishima felt his face heat up.

"What do you mean weird ideas!?"

"Shut up dumbass, just fucking carry me already!"

"Okay!" Kirishima said quickly. Weird ideas? What did he mean weird ideas? Did it really come off that way? Fuck... After a bit of fumbling and cursing, Kirishima positioned Bakugo on his back. Bakugo wore the backpack to preserve space. They had stuffed all the supplies and the smaller backpack inside of Kirishima's bag. They decided to ditch 3 of the textbooks though, they were really heavy and they didn't need all of them. One would be fine in case they needed fire starters. (BURN MATH! BURN!!!!!😈)

Kirishima started walking. Bakugo and the backpack were heavy, but he was used to constant muscle strain from training, so it wasn't that bad. They walked for what must have been hours, but they still didn't see any water. Kirishima's stomach ached with hunger and his shoulder was sore, but he ignored it and focused on walking. There was something almost mindless about it. The steady thumping of his feet on the ground and consistency of the weight made him relax a bit. It seemed to be helping Bakugo too. Slowly his arms relaxed and after a few minutes his head fell softly onto Kirishima's shoulder. Kirishima glanced back to find Bakugo, asleep. He was probably fighting to stay awake this whole time. Who knows what was in that poison. His heart started to beat faster, Who knows what's in it, that means he could... No! Stop thinking like that! It's not manly! Be strong! He stole on last glance at Bakugo's sleeping face before turning his attention back to his feet. You have to be strong, for him and for yourself.   

He watched as the sun touched the horizon. The sunset was really beautiful over the pine forest. Of all the places to be lost, at least it's nice. 

Here is a photo of what the forest might look like. (not my art)

Kirishima shook his head to clear it

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Kirishima shook his head to clear it. The sun was going down. They should probably start a fire, no telling how cold it would get that night. Kirishima leaned down and, as gently as he could, set Bakugo down against a tree. Bakugo murmured in his sleep, but didn't wake up. Kirishima walked around and started collected fire wood. He remembered when he was kid, he and his sister used to watch Survivor Man, he always said however much firewood you think you need collect three times that amount. Kirishima looked down at his pile. What did that even mean? He didn't know anything about how long fires took to burn out. He sighed. I guess I'll just collect an insane amount of fire wood and hope for the best. Or maybe I should get three times that much? I don't know... He picked up more and more sticks, making sure to keep Bakugo in his line of sight. After he had gathered a huge pile of firewood (which he still wasn't sure was enough) he started making a spot for a fire.

They had spent an entire class making fire's without lighters, (Todoroki had it easy, he just lit his finger and touched the wood) but Kirishima still didn't quite understand it. After a lot of messing around with sticks, Kaminari had the strange idea that maybe Kirishima could clash his fingers together and make sparks. Ironically, it actually worked, even though it kind of hurt. Kaminari didn't stop talking about the idea the rest of the day. 

Kirishima put one finger on top of the other and rubbed them together, creating a shower of sparks. He grimaced. Even through his hardening he could feel the heat of the sparks. Kirishima shook his head and kept going. Just get it over with. He aimed sparks onto his pile of dry sticks and pine needles and after a bit of fiddling, started the fire. He carefully added sticks around it and sat back, surveying his handy work. Kirishima smiled. I'm really glad I took that survival class! Suddenly he heard choking sounds coming from Bakugo. 

Kirishima whipped his head around quickly to find Bakugo on his knees, vomiting. Kirishima immediately ran to his side.

"Bakugo!" Bakugo continued to retch.

"I-it hurts..." His voice cracked with panic, "Kirishima...fuck... K-kirishima it hurts..."

"You'll be fine, this will end." Bakugo shook his head. Even though he had stopped throwing up, he still gagged and clawed at his chest. 

"Yes, it will. This will end, okay? Just try and breathe." Bakugo took shaky breath after shaky breath, until he finally opened his eyes.

"Better?" Kirishima asked quietly. Bakugo nodded. He kept his expression neutral, but his entire body shook. Kirishima helped him take off his backpack and got out the water bottle. Bakugo took a gulp and passed it to Kirishima, who also took a restrained drink. He sealed the water bottle tightly and brought out one bag of chips. He offered a chip to Bakugo.

"I'm not hungry." His voice was quivering.

"Come on Bakugo, you should eat something. Just a few, okay?" Kirishima tried to keep the pity out of his voice, he knew Bakugo hated getting looked down on. Bakugo stared the chip for a second before taking a bite. He immediately spit it out. 

"Tastes like fucking cardboard..." he muttered. Kirishima remembered what his mom told him when his cat died. "Animals always stop eating when they're about to go" Stop it! Don't think like that! Besides, Bakugo isn't a cat! He'll be fine, I know he will...