Chapter Ten, Victory

I wake up at 6 a.m., not that I slept a lot the previous night but I need to get ready for the noble meeting.

Olea is on duty today so Zarah and Kyeli are the ones to come and help me get dressed. I had picked out the night before a fitted military jacket with a small train in the Rebellion red that had the Rebel Rose embroidered with gold thread in the back. I paired it with a pair of brown trousers and black boots while the girls helped me style my hair in an elaborate ponytail. I had also managed to hide my favourite blade in the side of my belt.

All three of them accompanied me to the meeting room where Kyeli and Zarah left to go attend morning training with Nuñez and Olea followed me inside as my personal guard. I was glad she was there because I did not trust the diplomats the slightest.

The meeting room was exactly as I remembered it, a slender yet spacious room with tall windows on the left and a huge map on the right. In the middle of the room was a long table with chairs surrounding it and the floor had a purple velvet carpet.

"Mila Prequris, ambassador of the People's Rebellion." A servant announces as I enter the room, everyone standing up to greet me.

Selilios has 5 main cities with important noble figures; Surin, Vikralis, Giroa, Hallir and Sereno and by a simple look through the faces I am able to conclude that the dukes and Marquesses are present. I can also distinguish an ambassador from Freyior, a neighboring country to the north, an ambassador from Areslen, a neighboring country to the south and one from Sahirana, a country on the East. These are Selilios's only allies and I am more than glad to try and take them with the Rebellion's side.

Most of them are talking near the windows or next to the maps. Isios is the first to come and greet me with a smile and a handshake and after him Swira, the Duke of Vikralis, follows, his example telling me how much Rosalia had talked about me and how pleased he is to see me again. They then go on to introduce me to countless of people I already knew by name or even personally as well as the foreign ambassadors.

"I am surprised the Rebels sent a female ambassador." The duke of Hallir says with amusement apparent in his tone.

"Trust me. You soon won't be." Isios replies for me. He has seen my political abilities and knows what I am capable of in the debate room and so has Swira unlike the other nobles.

I leave their little company and go to converse with the foreign ambassadors since most of the Selilian nobles haven't done so at least as long as I have been here.

Talia Halis is the Sahirani ambassador, a beautiful woman with black skin, long black coils and a wreath of gold embellishing them on the top of her head. She is wearing flared golden trousers and a white and gold kaftan on top while her face is lightly painted, only enough so that her beautiful features are enhanced.

Greyce Kilirk is the Freyiorian ambassador with pale white skin and short blonde hair, his eyes the palest blue. He is rather handsome, with a sharp jawline and profined features and his military uniform in the Freyiorian midnight blue really suits him.

Haillorn Singhir is the Areslian ambassador with brown eyes and slit eyes in a dark black color that match his dark black hair that is pushed back beautifully. He is the tallest of us but he is also rather slim, wearing a white churidars and a matching Achkan with green embroidery and buttons.

"And Ms Prequris why did the Rebellion decide to send you instead of one of his leaders. There are three of them correct?" Haillorn asks.

"You haven't been informed?" I reply with fake shock. Of course they haven't been informed. They all shake their heads. "Indeed there were three leaders and about three months ago they were called by late king to discuss peace. Two of them were killed brutally while the last, leader Tsi Ziu barely escaped with the help of a servant boy who was also hanged for treason." They all leave small sighs of shock as Talia also pulls her hand over her mouth. "They thought it better I come to ensure the safety of our last leader."