"I'm the exact opposite." He finished giving me an unreadable expression. "Heard that before."

I bit my bottom lip in concern and I knew then to tread carefully. Whatever I had said must have opened up feelings he wasn't ready to share.

"Where are your parents? Last I heard from the media was that they are in a spaceship?"

He nods. "No. That's just hearsay. They spent the last five years traveling the world. Last I heard was that they are in the east."

I nodded. "Do you think they'll visit?"

Legend sighs. "Can we not talk about this right now?"

"Okay. What about your brother Legion?"

Legend tenses and his fingers that were once brushing against mine slowly grew further from mine.

"What about him?" He asked me almost darkly.

"The media—they are questioning why he hasn't returned from wherever he is to come back home to his duties as a member of leadership for the United packs of Elefthería. I mean even Jusco Times has written their fair share of articles—"

"Where are you going with this?" Legend cuts me off.

"I just want to know your side, you know? Like where is Legion? What has he been up to? When is he gonna return? Why hasn't he returned?" I asked.

"Legion is doing what Legion wants to do. He's happy where he is. I know that for sure." He answers briefly.

"Do you know where he is?" I asked causing Legend's blue eyes to narrow.

"Yes, Brielle."

   Something in his tone told me there was some sort of fault in his answer.

"Hmmm," I hummed to myself causing him to give me an irritated look.

"You think I'm lying?" He questions.

"No," I lied. "I've just heard some crazy stories...that's all."

"Like what?" Legend asks.

I sighed. "The Megatra Issue as you know is a very biased news company. Rumor has it they are run by secret union sympathizers. They write crazy stuff." I say doing my best to brush the subject off.

"Like what, Brielle?" He questioned once again, his tone serious.

"Stuff like you killed him..."

    And what I said must have been quite loud cause the whole limousine went silent and a few guards looked back at me with absurdity.

   I instantly regretted my words. I let the journalist in me cause me to grow detached from my words and feelings.

  Legend's eyes were not on me. He looked out the window in silence. His whole demeanor changed. I felt horrible but I was only regurgitating what I had heard from a may I say unreliable source.

   I wanted to include the gritty and hard topics in my feature...but not at the expense of hurting him.

...my mate.