Fairy AU - 2kimz

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Chaewon? No, I don't expect her to notice me. How could she?" She laughs out loud this time, laughter like soft bells tinkling carried by the passing breeze.

"I could never expect her to even know my name. She's too pretty. And she's a fall fairy. If she did know me, she'd hate me. You know that."

Minju adjusted her grip on her basket of cupcakes and fluttered her wings a little, lifting her off the ground for a few seconds. She looked around and quickly, silently flew over to the ground underneath where the winter fairies were picking berries, and laid down the basket. Stealing a small glance at Chaewon, just to see her beautiful face, she unknowingly smiled and then flew away.

"Hey guys, look!"

"What's that? I can't see from here."

"Cupcakes oh my god they're so prettyyyyy! Get a look at this!"

"Ooh, perfect snack for a break!"

"Ha! Chowon is going to be SO jealous! I told her she should've come work with us!"

"Poor Chowon. We should save some for her!"

"Don't forget Sian! She's working with Chowon today too."

"Oh wow, these are really good. I'm not sure we'll be physically able to save any of these."

Minju peeked from behind a tree, smile growing. Chaewon, Sakura, Chaeyeon, Hitomi and Hyewon  were sitting in a circle, giggling over their fortune with a few spring fairies, Eunbi, Wonyoung, and a cute little girl called Nako. Chaewon looked back, and Minju scurried behind the tree and flying back to her house, wings floating on the wind.

Minju never got to see Chaewon's small smile.

*

The next day, Minju brought cookies to the fairies again, but before anybody could see her, Chaewon flew down, caught Minju's arm and pulled her into the berry bush.

Minju gasped and tried to pull away. However, she stopped struggling and turned bright red when Chaewon put her soft hand on Minju's cheek. "Hey, I'm not going to hurt you." Chaewon's eyes saddened when she noticed Minju was still trembling. "I'm going to let go of your hand, okay? But please stay. I want to talk to you." Chaewon slowly loosened her grip on Minju's hand. Minju didn't fly away.

Chaewon smiled. A fantastic reward for simply not fluttering her wings, Minju thought.

"W-w-what d-did you w-want t-t-to talk a-about?" Minju stuttered softly through her sentence.

"I just wanted to ask, why? Why would you give us free food? Don't get me wrong - I love free food and we all appreciate your heavenly cake, but why are you helping us? You guys should hate us."

Minju's red cheeks got a little darker. "Y-you guys s-s-seem n-nice. I-I don't h-have m-m-many friends s-so I l-like w-w-watching y-you and y-y-your f-friends s-smile and l-laugh together."

Chaewon's heart argued over beating faster and breaking, and ended did some interesting combination of the two.

"That... was probably the sweetest thing I've ever heard in my life. Thank you so much."

Minju looked at her feet and smiled.

"I-I should g-go b-before s-s-someone sees m-me."

Chaewon chuckled sadly. "As much as I'd love for you to stay, society is not most understanding. I look forward to seeing you again, if that's okay."

"O-okay." Minju gave a little bow and flew away, the last thing she heard being, "Guys! We have more cake!" followed by many delighted squeals.

*