07. 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬

( sokovia base )

All three walks in as Ultron starts off with, "We'll move out right away. This is a start, but there's something we need to begin the real work."

"All these are..." Wanda trails off as Ultron answers with, "Me. I have what the Avengers never will. Harmony. They're discordant, disconnected. Stark's already got them turning on each other. And when you get inside the rest of their heads..."

Pietro pitches in and says, "Everyone's plan is not to kill them."

Ultron replies, "And make them martyrs? You need patience. Need to see the big picture."

Pietro instantly answers, "I don't see the big picture, I have a little picture. I take it out and look at it everyday."

"You lost your parents in the bombings. I've seen the records," Ultron says with a bit of sympathy.

Pietro, straight away, retorts, "The records are not the pictures."

"Pietro." Wanda warns, gesturing to Gaia who's eyes are on the floor.

"No, please," Ultron encourages him to continue.

Pietro looks to Wanda, as Wanda goes over to Gaia and hugs her while purposely putting her hands around her ears.

Pietro clenches his jaw and continues with, "We were all watching t.v, the five of us. When the first shell hits, two floors below, it makes a hole in the floor. It's big. Our parents go in, and the whole building starts coming apart. I grab them both, roll under the bed and the second shell hits. But, it doesn't go off. It just... sits there in the rubble, three feet from our faces. And on the side of the shell is painted one word..."

Wanda chimes in. "Stark." and looks up, with her eyes glowing a shade of pink.

"We were trapped for two days."

Wanda says again, "Every effort to save us, every shift in the bricks, I think, 'This will set it off.' We wait for two days for Tony Stark to kill us."

Pietro finished with, "I know what they are."

Wanda let's go of Gaia as Ultron says, with a sympathetic tone, "I wondered why only you two survived Strucker's experiments, now I don't. We will make it right."

He moves closer to Pietro and says, "You and I can hurt them." He then goes over to Wanda and Gaia. "But the both of you, will tear them apart. From the inside."

                 ( salvage yard )

As men all around the place work, the power suddenly goes out, causing commotion within the place. Klaue, who was talking on the phone, picks up his gun, sensing someone in the shadows.

Yet, before he could shoot, a blue blur passes by, catching him off guard and swiftly turning him around, to see the bullets on the table, perfectly standing.

He quickly turns around to run out, only to see Wanda coming inside from the shadows, with Gaia following behind.

Klaue moves back a little and sits back in his chair. "Yeah, the enhanced. Strucker's prize pupils."

He then takes up a dish of candy. "Want a candy?"

The three siblings just gave him a look and when Klaue notices, he just shrugs and put them down. "Oh, sorry to hear about Strucker. But then, he knew what kind of world he was helping create. Human life, not a growth market."

Each one of the siblings look at each other with a incredulous look. "You...you didn't know? Is this your first time intimidating someone? I'm afraid that I'm not that afraid."

Wanda glares at him and moves closer as she states, "Everybody's afraid of something."

Klaue moves forward and says, "Cuttlefish."

Gaia gives him a confused look as he continues with, "Deep sea fish. They make lights. disco lights. Whoom, whoom, whoom! to hypnotize their prey, then whoom! I saw a documentary, it was terrifying."

Pietro gets tired of his mocking and speeds past him to take a candy. Klaue jerks at the movement but quickly regains himself, trying to show no fear.

He gets up from his chair and explained, "So if you're going to fiddle with my brain, and make me see a giant cuttlefish, then I know you don't do business, and I know you're not in charge, and I only deal with the man in charge."

As if on cue, Ultron breaks through the glass window, from behind Klaue, and knocks him down. "There is no man in charge. Let's talk business."