01. 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲

( backstory )

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐎𝐊𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐀. soldiers outside fighting for their country and lives, most of everything on fire, people screaming, and shots firing.

a young Gaia, watching out of her window, wondering how it got like this. she was so lost in thought that she didn't even realize Pietro sneaking up behind her.

"BOO!" Pietro screamed from behind Gaia. she squealed like a mouse who had just gotten caught stealing cheese. she turned around, only to see her brother on the floor in a laughing fit.

he was so red, he might as well be impersonating a tomato. Gaia scrunched up her face in an annoyance while her brother was on the floor trying to catch his breath.

she rolled her eyes and said, "very funny."

Pietro got up from the ground, wiping invisible tears. "yes, it was very funny, very much so."

Gaia rolled her eyes once more as her brother cleared his throat and said, "didn't mama tell you to stop looking out the window before you see something that might scar you for life?"

Gaia looked to the side in slight shame, vividly remembering how her mother sat her down, telling her how risky it was to keep looking out the window.

"I.. just wanted to see when papa was coming home," she started off speaking.

he rolled his eyes as he took her by the hand and pulled her to the other side of the room. "you're a terrible liar."

she was about to respond until she hears, "papa!" from her other sibling, wanda.

both Gaia and Pietro's face lights up at the sound of their father being home and safe. they both run out, run around the corner, and tackle their father into a hug.

their father chuckles as they all pull away from him. "i brought presents!"

all three kids exclaim in excitement as their father pulls stuff from out of his bag. he hands Pietro a random action figure, then hands Wanda a random book.

Gaia looks in confusion as her father didn't have anything else in his hand and he didn't go back in his bag. "hey, where's mine?"

her father puts the biggest smile on his face and says, "I planned yours beforehand. close your eyes."

her mother comes out from behind and puts her hand over Gaia's eyes. she heard shuffling and had an evident look of confusion on her face. then, she heard a "okay, let her open 'em."

Gaia's mom takes her hand off of Gaia's face, chuckling to herself. she looks at her dad with the most joyful look on her face as she sees her favorite sitcom show in his hands.

Dick Van Dyke Show! the dvd read. she almost jumped up and down out of excitement. she grabbed the dvd out of her fathers hand and puts it in the tv.

Pietro groaned and said "what is your obsession with sitcoms? it's always one after the other!"

their mother chuckled at her son's annoyance and said "Pietro, be nice and sit down."

he groaned once more, as everyone, including him, sat down and the show started to fade in on the tv screen.

Gaia looks back at her parents, who were sitting on the couch, with the most happiest look you could see when her mom blows her a kiss and smiles at her.

Gaia smiles more, if that was even possible and turns back around and looks back at whatever was happening in the show.

she was so into it that she didn't hear a bomb heading straight towards her home.

it hit the house from the back which made her fall forward and loose consciousness.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

she woke up to ringing in her ears and someone, faintly, calling her name. when the ringing stopped, she recognized the voice that was calling out for her. "Gaia! Gaia, get up! we have to hide!"

Pietro was shaking her as hard as he could, trying to get her to wake up. as soon as her eyes opened, he started pulling her to their room and went under the bed.

"where's Wanda?" gaia asked in concern as she didn't see her sister anywhere.

"I'm here," Wanda said moving up next to her. she holds her hand as tight as she can, and does the same with Pietro. he holds it just as tight and whispers, "everything's gonna be okay. just keep quiet."

Gaia was just so scared and so confused, that the only thing that she can do is cuddle close to her siblings. both siblings, do the same, trying to protect the youngest from any danger that might come.

suddenly, there's a big rumble in the house, or whatever what was left of it. the three duck their heads into one another, waiting for the impact.

except, nothing happened. they all look up at the sound of beeping, and see that another bomb has hit the place, one again.

they see this and frantically hold each other, waiting for it to go off. Gaia, shaking, looks up at it and sees one big bold word.

Stark Industries.

her eyes almost pop out her head as she puts her head back down, still waiting for the impact to come. the bricks around them shifting and dust flying all throughout the air.

everytime it moves, every shift in the bricks, they all think, 'It's gonna set off any second now.'

they waited for two days, hopelessly, for Iron Man to kill them. fortunately for them, soldiers found them and put them in a shelter where they lived most of their life, just grieving and waiting for the right moment to get revenge.

though one day, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝.