When they realize they are in love - se, iw, & us

semi eita, iwaizumi hajime, ushijima wakatoshi x gn reader

genre: fluff

warnings: semi & ushijima's are post time-skip

word count: 890

Semi :

There was a moment when he was terrified you would leave him – when he realized there was a chance he was falling for someone who could be no more than a stranger in a few years. It was the time you told him you did not want to come with him on the tour.

But here in the current moment with your warm body flush against his side, nothing could be further from his mind. You were here.

The episode's credits began rolling on the screen and Semi shifted around in the seat, his grip slipping from your body. He slid from the blanket to stretch his tired limbs in the space of the aisle. You grumbled, pulling the blanket tighter around you to make up for the loss of Semi's body heat.

Chuckling softly, he braced both hands on the arm rest and leaned over the space he vacated to press a gentle kiss to your forehead. You stretched sleepily, reaching out for him.

"Do you want anything from the kitchen?" He murmured against your skin, strands of his ashy blond hair brushing against your cheekbones.

You shook your head 'no,' your eyes still closed and mumbled something unintelligible in reply. He chuckled again, pulling away from you to pad across the bus. Even though you would probably be asleep when he got back, he grabbed an extra drink for you.

As the refrigerator door closed, he noticed a new picture taped to the front. Altered with a hazy filter, the figures of the whole band were sprawled out in a room backstage. Semi himself was drooling across the keys of a keyboard. He smiled fondly at the memory he only vaguely recalled. He did however remember how proud of taking the photo you were, and he ran a finger over the tape.

The tour bus was difficult at best; he felt homesick at times and tempers ran hot inside cramped living spaces, but with you here it was starting to feel like home. A different kind of home.

Maybe he needed to stop worrying about conversations from the past or what might happen in the future, because with you by his side the here and now was all he cared about.

Iwaizumi :

Iwaizumi does not normally remember his dreams.

But he has never woken up in a cold sweat before. This nightmare... this nightmare would be ingrained in his memory for a long time.

After that dream falling asleep would be nearly impossible. Blinking the remaining sleep from his eyes, he rolled over to grab his phone, the blankets twisting around his movement. He browsed through various apps trying to find something – anything – to distract his thoughts.

Eventually he found his way to his camera roll. The most recent were random screenshots he needed to delete and school assignments he needed to remember, but by scrolling only a little he found you. Countless pictures and videos of you alone or the two of you together took up the majority of his storage.

He clicked on a photo taken at his last volleyball game. You smiled adorably at the camera; his jersey number emblazoned across your chest. He remembered the shake of your head when you saw the photo and realized he was staring at the side of your face instead of the camera lens. You did not ask for a retake, however, merely slid your phone into a pocket and pressed a chaste kiss to his cheek.

The dream had forced on him a reality where you were gone – the feeling of a life without you. But it did not matter.

Iwaizumi hit play on another video and another video after that.

It did not matter.

Because his camera roll was full of reminders of what experiencing life with you was like. And it was greater than any illusion.

Ushijima :

"'Toshi, can you grab some of those eggs?" You asked, leaning against the front of the shopping cart.

He unfurled from the cart without completely letting go so you would not fall and grabbed the brand of eggs he knew you preferred.

"Thank you," You murmured absentmindedly as he set the carton down, beginning to wander down a different aisle with your list in hand.

Leaning back onto the shopping cart, Ushijima trudged after you. He did his best to ignore the lingering ache in his muscles and the fatigue weighing down his limbs since the end of practice a few hours prior. After all, he was the one who insisted on coming along.

Following a busy week and a packed schedule, he simply wanted to spend some time with you and do normal, couple-y things. If that involved following you around the local grocery store, retrieving items for you, and pushing the cart up and down aisles he would do it again in a heartbeat.

Because he never thought 'once upon a times' were for him.

Domesticity? Not in the cards. And after watching his parent's marriage he did not know if he even wanted it. But he was given the luck of the draw and you were written on his cards, and there was nowhere he would rather be than grocery shopping with you.

Through fate or some coincidence, you were here. And he could not imagine anything he loved more than your two-person army – his family.