Chapter 33: Suspicion

Começar do início

"Oh, I didn't expect this dinner night would be this special." the emperor chuckles as he scan the foods that's too fancy in the eyes but just respect his sister's taste of food anyway as this was her request for tonight's dinner. Lady Hellina soon join in as she also chuckles, of course it's a fake one but not noticeable to the emperor and the prince who is just sitting humbly on his chair while glancing at the door obviously waiting for someone which is you while Prince Jimin who's sitting beside his wicked mother mentally scoffing at his mother's fakeness. Acting like she's the most respective lady of all the royal family.

"Of course it should be special, your majesty. We rarely eat together like this so I thought I shouldn't miss the chance to do this." Words soft as a baby feather rolling out from her mouth as she respond to the emperor with her most fake smile that Jimin wishes to wash it away from her face. He couldn't even bare to look at it even just for a few seconds.

"Ah, you're right." The emperor nod understandingly at her before his eyes goes to his son noticing that something's bothering his mind and it quickly clicks to him.

Y/N.

"I almost forgot," he uttered calling over a maid "tell Y/N to join us here. Shouldn't miss this too." the emperor commands with a proud smile on his face. Looking at Jin, his happy to see the smile that his son gave him while Lady Hellina on the other hand mentally cursing and scoffing, totally disappointed. What is so special about her?! She thought fighting back the urge to yell out her anger because an evil plan instantly crawls into her head.

With an innocent smile, she place a hand on her heart to show that she was touched at her brother's idea. "Oh yes, Y/N. It would be more fun if she join us." She says getting the attention of the emperor who slightly felt surprised.

"Hearing your words, I guess you already met her."

"She did, your majesty." said his son Jin and Lady Hellina nods a 'yes'.

"Your son is so lucky to have her. I never met such a sweet and kind girl like her." a well made praising words came out from her mouth as she keep on pretending but interrupted by the sudden sound of a broken glass that was made by her son Jimin, startling them. Their eyes goes to the shattered glass on the floor.

Jimin stood up from his chair with an apologetic face as he bows at the emperor, "Please forgive me for being clumsy, your majesty." Jimin apologize earning a glare from his mother.

"Always ruining the mood--" Lady Hellina started to scold but the emperor interrupts.

"It's totally fine Prince Jimin. You don't have to apologize. Not all people were born perfectly, so being clumsy is normal. We understand that, just be careful next time." The emperor gave him an assuring smile "Are you hurt?" he asks with full concern and Jimin quickly responded 'no, your majesty. I'm completely fine, thank you so much for the concern.'. "You may take your seat back." the emperor added and Jimin thankfully obeyed ignoring his mother's glare.

Turning to his sister who immediately hides her scowling face behind her innocent act. "It's just a glass, sister. Unintentionally breaking things like that glass due to clumsiness is not a big deal. I noticed the way you talk to your son seem so strict. I suggest you should loosen up a bit, go easy on your son just like what I am to my son." The emperor advised before looking back to Prince Seokjin who's now proudly smiling and feeling thankful at him while Lady Hellina on the other hand secretly sending her son thousands of dagger with her eyes, but Jimin only look at her blankly.

With a force smile, "Yes, your majesty." Lady Hellina doesn't have a choice but to agree with the emperor's suggestion. A kind of suggestion that eats all the words in her mind, she admit she was taken aback by the emperor's interruption. If only her brother was not here, she would probably beat her son. She knows he did it on purpose to annoy her.