KHAAB✨

"Wake up, Dumbo! Wakey, wakey!" he yelled near my ears, scaring the daylights out of me. I tumbled off the bed while he burst into laughter. I retaliated by throwing a pillow at his face and cursing under my breath. What an idiot.

"We're going out for lunch today," he said nervously, his tone slightly off.

"Why lunch and why the special clothes?" I asked, confused by his sudden request.

"Adu! Don't interrogate, just get ready," he whined.

He looked so adorable when he whined. I had the urge to pinch his cheeks, but I suppressed it and made my way to the bathroom. I'm Aditi Bhatia, and I've been Darshan's best friend for five years. Truth be told, I've liked him for a while now, but I couldn't risk losing what we had, so I never confessed my feelings.

He's the best person a girl could ask for. The girl who becomes his partner will undoubtedly be the luckiest one. His caring nature, ability to make people laugh when they're sad, and his unwavering support in tough times are truly admirable. Not to mention, his voice and looks are just a bonus.

Emerging from the bathroom, I got ready and applied light makeup. I grabbed my clutch from the side table and walked into the living room.

He was busy scrolling on his phone when he heard the sound of my heels and looked up at me. His mouth dropped open, and it seemed like his jaw might hit the ground. I chuckled softly and gestured for him to leave.

"You... you look gorgeous," he stammered, his nerves palpable.

"Thanks," I replied, and we drove off to a fancy restaurant.

The restaurant was empty, beautifully decorated with twinkling lights, flowers, and balloons. I was awestruck, taking in the enchanting atmosphere.

He held my hand and led me to the center of the room, then dropped down to one knee."I love you," he said, his gaze locked with mine. "It took me a while to get here, but I think I've loved you all along. And you know something else I'm sure of? Besides the fact that I love you?"

"I'll always love you," he continued, standing up and gently tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. "No matter what."

Tears welled up in my eyes, and I hadn't even realized it until he wiped them away with his thumb, searching my eyes for an answer.

"Ms. Aditi Bhatia, will you become Mrs. Aditi Raval?" he asked, a chuckle escaping his lips.I bit my inner cheek to hold back my emotions. Nodding my head in affirmation, I embraced him tightly, and he caressed my head until I regained my composure.

"Wake up, you asshole!" someone yelled beside my ear, and I jolted awake, falling off the bed.Fuck! Was it all just a dream? I groaned inwardly, only to find Darshan holding his stomach, laughing uncontrollably.

"Idiot," I muttered, feeling a mix of disappointment and relief.But then, as the day unfolded, it turned out exactly as I had dreamt, until we arrived at the very same hotel from my dream.

He held my hand, his trembling hand giving away his nerves. "Adi, I'm nervous," he confessed, and I smiled reassuringly.

Could it be happening for real? Is he going to propose to me?

The door of the hotel swung open, revealing an incredibly beautiful girl of our age. Darshan approached her and led her to the center of the room. He dropped to one knee, and my heart cracked as I listened to his words.

"I love you," he declared, gazing deeply into her eyes. "It took me a while to get here, but I think I've always loved you. And you want to know something else I'm certain of? Besides the fact that I love you?"

"I'll always love you," he said, standing up and gently tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. "No matter what."

A fissure formed in my heart, tears threatening to spill, but I bit my lip to hold them back. My world shattered, but I had to pretend to be happy, after all, I'm his best friend. He glanced back at me, a triumphant smile on his face.

"TU VOH KHAAB HAI JO MAI HAR RAAT DEKHNA CHAHU
PAR TU MERA ADHURA SAPNA BAN GAYA"

~THE END~

_____________________________________________

HEYLOZZZZZ!!!

FIRST ATTEMPT ON ONE-SHOTS

HOPE YOU ENJOYED READING
DO LIKE AND COMMENT
AND LET ME KNOW YOUR VIEWS

Edit: My language was shit had to change it but I live the innocence of the story cause it shows how stupid I used to be so I haven't changed that. Muahh<3

I LOVE YOU 💙
SPREAD LOVE AND GOD BLESS ✨
BUHHBYEE