****************

I told him everything from when he went into his coma to where we were now. It just kept coming and coming, like I had verbal E.coli. Eventually I put my face in my hands and ran them down in frustration and fatigue.

"So what do I do?"

Well, my mom is right about you needing to tell your parents about your scars. They need to know... Next, go and see Kasai. He would never blame you for what happened. Then, talk to Kole. If A972 emerges then tell that bastard off. Lastly, talk to Dr. Armiallo; it's a really good idea. She's actually really good and doesn't make you feel like you're being made fun of in any way. She will listen and not interrupt or chastise you. She's really awesome, I promise. And I also can promise that you'll be okay, Max.

I sniffled. "Yeah... I will let Zylith know what's up and maybe that will help her be able to find a way to help you wake up."

Do you know if the Elbaskin Mothership has arrived yet?

"I heard rumor that were in the solar system, but nothing else."

Well, considering I'm trapped here without being able to help Zylith with negotiations, I hope all goes well... Go see Kasai, Max. He needs you more than me.

"Okay... I'm sorry, Mars."

No need to be sorry. It was my father's fault in the first place so I actually owe you an apology.

"I guess we could totter the blame back and forth... my mom says that I'm trying to win a guilt battle."

She's right.

I smiled and grabbed his hand. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

Don't forget about me.

*****************

I went to the other room and heard voices. I stopped in the doorway, hearing my mom.

"I'm so happy that you're alright."

"That was a very brave thing you did." My dad said.

"He'd do the same for me... I think."

I narrowed my eyes a little, eavesdropping on the conversation.

"Well of course he would, Kasai."

"Then where is he?"

"He went to see Mars but he'll be here shortly." Dad said.

Kasai didn't say anything for a moment. "Should I be as angry as I am that he didn't come see me first?"

I swallowed hard and clenched my hand to my chest.

"Kasai..."

"I'm sorry, but I'm his son and Uncle Mars is... well, Uncle Mars. Shouldn't he see me first? Shouldn't I be a priority to him?"

"Oh my god he's right... I'm a horrible person! I'm the worst father ever! When I was sick or scared I expected- no... I knew it was a guarantee- that my parents would be there for me. I knew that my parents would drop everything and forget about everyone to be there for me... That was one of the defining factors that helped me identify when the Elbaskins were tricking me and now... How could I be so heartless? How could I be so cruel?

"Max? Max? Max!"

******************

I gasped and opened my eyes, finding myself squatting on the floor, hyperventilating. I looked up, finding Zylith kneeling in front of me.