He asked me to build up a table and three chairs, all in one day.

That bastard!

By the end of the day, my hands were embedded with sprinters and I was totally sore, but he did compliment me on my work and said that I had potential more than most of the boys in here.

I realized one thing that day;  that Gally isn't heartless like everyone says, he's just misunderstood.

And it's the Glade life that must have changed him. And I totally empathize with him.

I slept through the dinner and then Newt and I had to sneak into the kitchen at the dead of night, picking up sandwiches and cold bacon, for me to have them in the room, as I kept asking questions about the Glades and their lives and he kept answering all of them without a single streak of frustration.

"What do you want to do?" Minho asks, as he munches on a vegetables.

"A Runner." I say, shoving a piece of broccoli in my mouth. I decided that it was time that people apart from Stan know what I actually wanted my job to be; more specifically, the Keeper of Runners should know that I wanted to join in.

For a moment, everyone just stares at me, as if I had said something alien.

"No offense, Ally, you are shucking crazy." Minho laughs. I would have smiled at his nickname for me, but I was pre-occupied at the moment.

"Why? Because I want to be one?"

"Of course, nobody volunteers to be a Runner. After a month or so, they get chosen."

" Then you are even more fucking crazy than me for being one. A Keeper at that."

Newt, goes to place his hand on my shoulder but withdrew his hand but immediately withdraws his hand back when he sees me stiffen, though involuntarily. He gives me an apologetic look, and I wave it, not at all upset with him.

He must be the one I'm most comfortable with, but I still hate people touching me.

"What Minho meant that- it's not easy, you have to be nominated by the Keepers at the next Gathering and even then they are pretty much reluctant to send people out there, with all the life risks and all." Newt says diplomatically.

"Then one of you nominate me," I say like it is solving 2 plus 2. 

Practically it is.

When neither of them said anything, I nod, my appetite vanishing and stand up from the table. " I get it, you all think that I'm not capable. That I can't do this."

"Addie-"

"Ally-"

"Shut it! Both of you!" I interrupt. "You know what you both can fuck yourselves off. Sexists." I push my tray and walk off.

I ignore everyone as I make my way to the Deadheads. I decide to walk even deeper into the forest.

I get it, being a Runner is dangerous. You can die and everyone here is basically here to survive and save each other. I would have to face those fucking Grievers everyday and if I can't make it back on time, I would definitely die, but I still want to do it. I have to do it. I have get us out of here.

I just lay down on the ground, staring at the leaves and the branches above me. A handful of stars can be seen through the thick canopy. It is oddly peaceful and I decided I could stay here for the night. And I do have my daggers with me, in case.

Suddenly, a small insect on the tree trunk catch my eye. It is a large looking bug with two tentacles and two bright red eyes. It is staring at me. Minho had told me that's how the Creators kept an eye on us.

A Beetle Blade.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" I hiss at it. "Don't you have to go and rot in hell?" I slowly get up and reach it. I see it has something imprinted on its body. W.C.K.D. What is W.C.K.D?

I swiftly reach to grab it and suddenly a piercing headache rakes through me. I scream and clutch my head. I wobble and land on the ground with a large thud, the pain blinding me.Black, blue, bright red colors flashes in front of my eyes. I am suck into a black abyss.

A man. In his mid forties. Olive skin. Small dark eyes, sharp jaws, wide nose.Not my father. His sly smile. It was sickening. He touched me. I was afraid. No, I was terrified. His grip on my wrist tightened. He held a pair of scalpel in his hand. He brought it close to my neck. I felt the cold metal against my skin, it's coldness sending jolts down my spine. I yelled. A very shrill yell. He clamped my mouth shut. He pushed me against some hard surface, his face coming closer to me. I couldn't see his face. It was all blurry. I screamed my heart out. The scalpel teared through my skin, sending jolts of pain through me.

White flashed my vision as my throat felt scratchy.

I take a huge gasp of breath as I come out of the memory. I begin coughing, and prop myself on my elbows, trying to sit up. I heave and heave and empty all the contents of my stomach.

Fuck.

I am still nauseous, my head throbbing, my bones in utter pain. Images of my memories flashes in front of me. I shouldn't have seen it. I shouldn't have remembered it.

How old was I?

What was he doing?

Why? Why? Why? Why?

I can't breath. My chest feels constricted. I open my mouth and take a large gasp but the air didn't reach my lungs. The forest seems to close up on me. A searing pain run through my chest, making me hunch forward. I clutch my shirt in my fist.

I'm dying.

I can't take it anymore. It is impossible. I start to cry, my throat closing up, every sound blurring. I let down all my guard, all the dam that I'd built to conceal my emotions and cry. 

I cry. I cry. I cry. I cry. 

My body trembles and I hiccup. My throat hurts. My eyes burns, but I cry. I keep hugging myself, scratching my arms and digging my nails into may palms and crying.

Trying to control my breathing.

TOTAL WORDS-1568

A/N:

ive seen many authors put custom made banner in their stories. i want to too. temporarily, i am using a gif.

can someone please tell me how to make a banner? 

today was my biology test and i totally blasted it. it was so easy and i even  drew tiny diagrams and flowcharts along my answers. 

human anatomy is my fav.

what about you? human anatomy or plant anatomy?