Chapter 14: I can't believe it

Derek's pov

I wanted to surprise Stiles so when I got to the loft I got clothes and Peter dropped me off at his house really late at night. I climbed through the window and got in the bed with the sleeping Stiles. When I stopped moving Stiles moved himself so that he was basically on top of me and that's how I fell asleep.

1 Month later

Stiles and I have been together for about 2 months now everything has been great. Nothing has happened since the kidnapping incident so I guess they finally learned their lesson. The McCall pack does not take crap from other people.

So recently Stiles asked me about the whole wolf thing and I didn't know what to say because I don't know. I never did tell Deaton when we came back. I don't have an excuse because I have been doing my regularly check ins but I just haven't said anything.

I guess now would be the best time to go ask, Stiles is almost done with high school and I want to stay so need to know now what happened. I dropped Stiles off at school but I was getting this bad feeling like he shouldn't be going. I have texted him a few times and he keeps saying he's fine, so maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Since I am going to the vet clinic I should probably go now before I don't have the time. I get in my car and drive over pretty quickly. "Hello Derek, didn't you already check in this week?" I did? Oh yeah, I did. "Yeah I know, I wanted to talk to you about something."

I really don't even know where to start. "Does that something have anything to do with you turning into a wolf?" He asked with a small smile. "Yeah how'd you know?" I know I didn't. "Well when Scott came in for his shift he mentioned it, he wanted to know why but I told him it wasn't my place to tell. "Why did you say that? Is there something wrong? Wait so that means you know what happened to me..." My sentence drifted off when I see him pulling out a book.

"A transformation can occur when a cry of their mate calls to them in need." What? Stiles is my mate, that doesn't make sense. "What are you saying?" "Stiles is your mate. Yes they are real and very rare, even more rare for a Wolf and human." I am still struggling with the idea of mates being real. "What does being mates mean?" "Well what I have read is that the pair share a special connection which then allows you to do things." Okay what about feelings, what if my paranoia wasn't really paranoia? "What exactly does this connection do?" "Well they can feel each other presence, they can talk through the mind but that takes a while to do I've heard, and they know when the other is in trouble." That made my heart drop.

"Okay lets just say I've had a bad feeling about Stiles all day, does that mean he's in trouble?" Deaton's eyes go wide and I know that is not a good thing. I check the time and I have to go pick Stiles up in five minutes, lacrosse ended so I just pick him up regular time now. I race out the door and get to the school way faster than I should have and pulled into the parking lot.

The bell rings a minute after I get there so I get out the car and wait for Stiles. I see Scott and Allison walk out the school and head for her car, then Liam and Mason, and Malia, Kira, and Lydia. Well Malia seems to be in good hands, I'm happy for her. Two minutes later Stiles still hadn't came out yet so I decided to go into the school and get him myself.

'Get off of me!' I heard Stiles yell from the bathroom. I run down the hall and find the bathroom. I open the door to see a kid punching him so I pull him off then pick Stiles up bridal style and bring him to the front office.

I put him down in the office car and go into the principal's office. "I need you to suspended a kid that is in the second hallway restroom." I turn to walk away but the principal stops me. "Why should I do that? Who even are you?" Oh he did not want to ask that. "The person that got beat up was my boyfriend, second I have very close connections with the sheriff station. You want to know why that is? Well the Sheriff is his father." His eyes widen and I knew he got the idea. So I walked out and picked up Stiles and took him home. Nobody, and I mean nobody, messes with my Stiles.

I bring him to his room and pit him on his bed. "Thanks Derbear." I kiss him on the head and grab some ice for his face. I hate seeing him in pain so when I give him the ice I get in the bed with him and let him cuddle me, and take him pain away.

"Derek?" "Yes?" I couldn't tell where this was going so I just listened. "When I was in the school, the person who was beating me up has been bothering me all year, but I really wouldn't care. But this time he jumped me, he did it for no reason." Stiles had tears in his eyes but he still continued to tell me. "And when I was there I felt so alone but then you came in a saved me, like you do all the time and I wasn't alone anymore. So thank you for everything." He was in tears at that point, I am so happy that Stiles is mine and I would never leave him alone. "Don't thank me, I would do anything for you." I kissed his check and we just lay there.

"Also how did you know that I was in trouble?" I'm getting a dejavu moment from the beginning. But this time I know my answer but I'm going to tell him tomorrow, he's been through enough today. "I know how to answer that this time," He starts to laugh. "but it can wait until tomorrow you have been through enough today."