I could immediately tell he was making a flower crown as Tubbo and I used to spend hours in the flower fields making flower crowns and chasing bees. I smiled fondly at the memory, it was bittersweet.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Tubbo turn his attention to Puffy to ask her something so I quickly turned my attention over there.

"So if you're a pirate captain does that mean you know those old timey sea shanties?" Tubbo asked, cocking his head to the side in confusion kind of like a puppy would if you were to wave a treat in front of their face. I heard Puffy chuckle and watched as she nodded to Tubbo whose eyes lit up excitedly.

"Can you sing us one?!" My best friend asked before blushing in embarrassment and adding "only if you want to you know."

A soft smile made its way to my mother's face, the one that caused her eyes to twinkle. "Sure thing Tubbo lets see if I can remember how to do this correctly. It's been a while." She crossed her legs and closed her eyes in concentration before opening them and clearing her throat.

"There once was a ship that put to sea and the name of that ship was the Billy o' Tea" her voice cut through the air and the words clug to the wind as if seemingly carried them. I actually recognized this song, Phil used to sing it all the time when I stayed with Techno.

I could see the gears in both Tubbo and Ranboo's heads turning as they remembered the lyrics. No doubt Ranboo had heard them as he lived near Phil for over a year and Tubbo had heard me sing this multiple times.

"The winds blew hard, her bow dipped down, blow, me bully boys, blow (huh)" mom continued with the first verse and I felt my friends getting ready to join in so I did as well.

"Soon may the Wellerman come, to bring us sugar and tea and rum. One day, when the tonguing' is done, we'll take our leave and goooo" I was surprised when I heard Sam join in as all of us sang the chorus together. I finally noticed Puffy had been keeping a beat by clapping, making it sound as though we had instruments with us.

"She had not been two weeks from shore, when down on her a right whale bore. The captain called all hands and swore, he'd take that whale in tow" Ranboo sung the second verse, I had always joked that he sounded like Technoblade but now he truly sounded like my brother. They had almost the same singing voice, it was kinda unnerving."

"Soon may the Wellerman come, to bring us sugar and tea and rum. One day, when the tonguing' is done, we'll take our leave and go" I smelled the salty ocean air as the chorus of the shanty rang out into the open air as clearly as a bell. It had cut through the silence that was looming and I felt that maybe if you listened hard enough you might be able to hear us singing as far as the mainland.

"Before the boat had hit the water, the whale's tail came up and caught her. All hands to the side, harpooned and fought her, when she dived down below" Tubbo belted out the next verse with the confidence of Lady Gaga being carried onto stage by a sea of gay teens. I chuckled as poor Ranboo was tugged up from his seat to dance with Tubbo in a ring around the rosie fashion.

"Soon may the Wellerman come, to bring us sugar and tea and rum. One day, when the tonguing' is done, we'll take our leave and go" this time the odd duo sang the chorus all by themselves and yet they didn't seem to have a care in the world.

Sam began to sing, although his voice was a bit raspy it was much better than Schlatt's attempt at karaoke "No line was cut, no whale was freed, an' the captain's mind was not on greed. But he belonged to the Whaleman's creed, she took that ship in tow."

"Soon may the Wellerman come, to bring us sugar and tea and rum. One day, when the tonguing' is done, we'll take our leave and go" my parents sang the chorus by themselves as Ranboo finally dropped to the ground in exhaustion and Tubbo sat next to him to make sure he wasn't dead.

Puffy sang the next verse, her voice reminded me of what a siren sounds like (or from what Wilbur told me Sally sounded like) "For forty days or even more, the line went slack then tight once more. All boats were lost, there were only four and still that whale did go."

"Soon may the Wellerman come,to bring us sugar and tea and rum. One day, when the tonguing' is done, we'll take our leave and go" I joined mom in singing this chorus before taking a deep breath to sing my verse.

"As far as I've heard, the fight's still on, the line's not cut, and the whale's not gone. The Wellerman makes his regular call to encourage the captain, crew and all" I smiled as everyone clapped along before we began to sing the final verse together. Even Ranboo from his spot on the ground chimed in.

"Soon may the Wellerman come, to bring us sugar and tea and rum. One day, when the tonguing' is done, we'll take our leave and goooooo........ Soon may the Wellerman come to bring us sugar and tea and rum. One day, when the tonguing' is done, we'll take our leave and go"

Somewhere hundreds of miles from that tiny island a ghost of a long dead brother felt a warmth in his chest, his unfinished symphony was finally complete. The grey figure faded into the night knowing his brother was safe and happy and that's all he ever wanted. The guardian angel retired to the afterlife peacefully.