𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝐹𝐼𝑉𝐸 - 𝐵𝐼𝐺 𝑁𝐸𝑊𝑆

Vinewood, Los Santos, February of 2015

"How are you feelin'?"

It was the next day, and Amanda had just been discharged from hospital. Despite how happy she was to be going back home, Trevor's visit yesterday had given her a lot to think about, and she was distant. Michael noticed this but didn't want to push her, so he settled on listening to the radio until she was ready to talk.

"Michael?" She said quietly, breaking the silence.

"Hmm?"

"Remember Trevor's brother, Ryan?"

"Yeah..." He trailed off, scratching the back of his head nervously as they waited for the traffic light to turn green.

"What do you think happened to him?"

"No idea Mandy."

Amanda turned her head to look at him and peered into his eyes. She could see he was nervous and his face wore a guilty look.

"You're lying." She said bluntly, turning her head back towards the road when the lights went green.

"What? I'm not-"

"Michael," She cut him off, "I've been with you for 25 years. Trust me, I know when you're lying, you're like an open book."

"Right." He mumbled.

"Look, you don't have to tell me what happened, I can make a pretty good guess. I just wanna know why."

"Because he was tryna take you away from me, Amanda! Shit, there was nothin' else I could do."

She was quiet for a moment, trying to process what she'd just been told. She ran her hands through her hair then went through her contacts on her phone, and Michael's heart skipped a beat when he heard the phone ringing.

"Amandaaaa!" Trevor's voice came through the phone, "didn't think you were gonna speak to me after your little threat yesterday."

Michael raised an eyebrow.

"Shut up," She said, "Michael, tell Trevor what you just told me."

Michael pulled up to the house and shut the car off, but made no move to get out. He could hear Trevor humming on the other end of the phone, probably forgetting he was on the phone in the first place, making Michael question if Trevor would actually be bothered to hear what he had to say.

"Michael." Amanda said.

"Okay, okay. Trevor, I gotta tell you somethin'...about Ryan."

There was another moment of silence before Trevor spoke.

"What?"

"I...I killed him. But fuck just- just hear me out, okay? I was scared that you were gonna take Mandy away from me and I knew that if you just had a reason to hate her-"