𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐗𝐗𝐈

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, sorry. Continue."

"I'm 30, I feel like I need and want to meet someone. I just don't know how to. I know how dating apps work, but I prefer your opinion about all of this. You being a girl and all."

"You didn't seem this nervous when we met." I chuckled. "Ok, so I personally don't like dating apps. I much prefer meeting and talking in person. I would keep the dating app in case you don't meet anyone in person, but I don't know, go out, you own a bar, don't you go there often?"

"Not really."

"Well then go to your bar. I'm sure there's some cute women there. Throw on the 'I own the club' card. That for sure caught my attention." We both chuckled. "I'm sure there's a woman who is waiting for someone like you." I reassured him, placing my hands above his.

"Thanks, feisty. I appreciate the advice."

"Well, I'm going to work now. Tell me if you meet someone."

"Will do."

I laughed and headed back to my office.

❥❥❥

Ember and I stood outside the building like always. Me waiting for Aaron to head down so we could leave, and Ember waiting for me to leave so that she did as well. I appreciated her company and lewd comments while I waited.

"Hey, Mads. Could you...would you? Fuck, I hate asking things. It just feels like I'm annoying. Sorry." She faced the other way, her cheeks pink with embarrassment.

"What did you want to ask?" I pushed.

"I wanted to know if you wanted to come to my apartment. Alana is staying and I just want some company that isn't her. I know you usually leave with Aaron-"

"You get cute when asking things." I chuckled, making her blush even more. I don't think I've ever seen Ember blush or feel embarrassed about something. "And I would love to. I really want to see were you live." I grabbed her elbow and we started walking to her car.

"Wait! I have to tell Aaron."

Or I could do like he did and leave without him? But we are past that stage. I'm not behaving like an immature teen.

And it's in that moment I see Aaron approaching me in his dark blue shirt and suit pants. He looks like the definition of sex on legs. "Are we leaving?" He asked once approaching.

"I'm actually leaving with Ember. So I'll arrive home later tonight." Aaron's jaw ticked before he nodded with a somber look.

We were about to leave when he grabbed me by the elbow. His short beard scraped my neck, his hot breath caressing my skin. "I'll be waiting for you, doll." Those mere six words made my body shiver in anticipation. Aaron let me go, and I wordlessly kept on walking towards Ember's car, only thinking about what he had prepared for me later.

"Real question here." Ember started once we were both seated in her car and she had started driving. "Do you have something with Aaron? I don't need the bits and details, although I prefer those. Just tell me, are you both sexually involved?"

I know I had been hiding Aaron and I's relationship from Ember, but I didn't know what it was before. We have now accepted terms and I have a clear mindset of our relationship. "Yes." I answered plainly.