Part 21

Thanks to all for voting and commenting on the previous part

Omkara walks back in with Sassy in his hands and found Gauri standing near the window exactly where she had been standing when he had left half an hour ago.

"MAMA!!!" Sassy screamed out to her mother, and Gauri takes a step back in shock, which made Sassy laugh, while Omkara immediately noticed the traces of tears on her face. But this time, he didn't feel sad for her, remembering the past had made him angry at her, yet again. She should have waited for him, not marry the next available guy, the moment he left. But then, he just couldn't ignore the pain he felt somewhere in a corner of his heart the moment he saw her tears. At times, he hated himself for loving her like this, waiting for her like this, but not even for a second was he able to hate her.

Gauri quickly wiped off her tears and walked towards Sassy and Shaurya. And she noticed Sassy looking at her curiously with a frown on her face which mirrored her father's when he scrutinized something.

"Mama, are you crying?" Sassy asked worriedly as she stretched her hands towards her mother to take her.

Gauri immediately looks at Shaurya to see his reaction, and the way he was looking it was obvious that he knew she was crying. She immediately takes Sassy in her hand and looks at her.

"No... why should I cry?" Gauri asked her daughter with a fake smile.

"Then why are there tears on your face?" Sassy asked suspiciously.

Gauri fakes a laugh "That's water, baby."

Sassy continues to look at Gauri for a few seconds to make sure whether she was telling the truth, then starts smiling and gives Gauri a big kiss on her face while Gauri smiles and this time, it was not fake.

"Good night, Sassy." Omkara said as he softly ruffled her hair.

Sassy immediately turns to look at him sadly "Are you leaving?"

"Yeah, I have to go home, right?" Omkara asks her with a smile.

While Gauri looked on confused, some time back he had refused to go home, and now he himself is going. What had happened?

"Go after some time... please?" Sassy makes her puppy face, which always works on Shivaay, and Omkara was no exception.

Omkara sighs "Okay." He takes Sassy from Gauri and kisses her.

"It's time to sleep, Sahasra." Gauri gently reminded her daughter, and hoping Shaurya would take that as an excuse and leave.

Sassy turns and looks at Omkara "Will you tell me a story before I go to sleep?"

Omkara smiles disappointedly "I don't know any stories."

"Then sing for me?"

Omkara couldn't refuse her, when she was asking so sweetly, so he smiles "Okay."

http://www.saavn.com/s/album/hindi/Sentimental-Mohammed-Rafi---Kya-Hua-Tera-Vaada-2003/NFQ6R1P-ne8_

Kya Hua Tera Vadaa Woh Kasam Woh Iraada

Omkara holding Sassy protectively against his chest and starts pacing the room as he sang to her.

Bhoolega Dil Jis Din Tumhe

Woh Din Zindagi Ka Aakhri Din Hoga

Kya Hua Tera Vadaa Woh Kasam Woh Iraada

Omkara slowly turns and looks at Gauri who was standing at the door and watching them with tears in her eyes.

Bhoolega Dil Jis Din Tumhe