42.| Life Was So Much Easier When I Only Cared About Myself

Start from the beginning

Lizzie scoffed. "Oh great, so once he convinces himself to stop loving you, we'll have another psycho on the loose."

"That's why I say you focus on the bigger problem, Josie Saltzman," Lucas says. "So, any other questions?"

"You both said you came back for a reason." Hope starts off. "Because deep down, you know that we can bring the good inside of you both out."

"You're right. But that's not the reason, Little wolf. Shall I show you?" Lucas smiles before using his telekinesis to knock down the banner.

Lizzie's breath hitched. "Merging isn't even possible. We're not 22."

"Yeah, see, it turns out that's just a guideline." Josie says making her appearance. "Kind of like driving a car or smoking cigarettes. Nobody wants you to do it before you're old enough, but you can." she paused before smiling. "So I'll see you both tonight? Finger foods around 7:30ish and then the Merge at 8:00. Oh, and don't be late, Lizzie, or else I will have our favorite Nephilim do something drastic."

The two witches glanced at Lucas who winked at them before walking away. As Josie and Lucas began walking away the witch stilled in her spot.

"What are you doing?"

"Shhh, someone's watching us."

Lucas furrowed his brows. "Who?"

"You tell me, boy-king."

The Nephilim eyes glowed golden, with that he took ahold of Josie's hand and entered her mind. That's when Josie's eyes went completely black.

"The Necromancer," Lucas says as he let go of the witch's hand. "I'll go handle him, you stay here and get ready for the party."

Josie narrowed her eyes. "How do I know I can trust you?"

"You can't, but just know I could care less about getting in the way of the Merge," Lucas says before leaving the witch.

"Oh, Mr.Necromancer," Lucas says walking into the building and startling the two men in front of him.

"How are you—" Chad says pointing at Lucas in shock.

"Don't worry," Lucas smiles. "So, what the hell do you want?"

"I..am the Master of the Underworld! Ferryman of the Damned! Reaper of the souls!" The Necromancer starts. "You do not speak to me—"

Lucas used his telekinesis to sit the Necromancer back onto the seat. "I'm going to ask you one more time. What. Do. You. Want?"

The Necromancer rolled his eyes. "Now why would I give my top-secret plan off to you? So you can run and tell your little Tribrid girlfriend?"

Lucas snorted. "Hope? Please I want nothing to do with her. In fact, I'm trying to get her as far away as possible."

"And why would you do that?" The Necromancer asked in confusion before smirking. "Oh, boy, oh, boy. You've got the dark magic in you?"

Lucas nodded.

"So what is your plan? You seem a little uh—normal to be evil."

"Well—That's because I am," Lucas says as he takes a seat. "My humanity—human side it's—it's clinging onto Hope like a parasite. And I need to get rid of her so that way I am able to stop caring for her. But I can't get rid of her until I do something to get her to hate me. Along with everyone else in the school."

"But that's not all is it?"

"Oh of course not. Once the Tribrid hates me and we get Josie back to normal—my plan will be in motion, and I'll be better as ever." Lucas smiles. "You—you can help me. As long as tonight goes as planned, I can win."