Chapter Fifty-One - Best Friend

Start from the beginning

"Well, we all knew it was only a matter of time..." I sighed, pulling my eyes from Collins and Leisha and back out onto the dance floor. All night there'd been flirty glances, and leg grabbing, and dancing between the two. The sexual tension was practically palpable.

Rox stood again to dance and pulled me up with her, grinding against me to the electronica dance rap beat.

"That's my best friend, she's a real bad bitch!" Rox screamed in my ear and I joined in, tossing my purple locks around. Her hands touched my hips and I turned, grabbing the railing to bring my ass against her, my eyes looking down at the huge gyrating crowd down below.

"Let's go dance...out there..." I pointed downstairs and started to move toward the velvet ropes and the large bouncer.

"Are you sure?" She called back, but her drunken feet were already stumbling along behind me.

"What? Are you scared of a little strange? From what I remember you were the queen of the dance floor back in Paris."

"I still am, not a damn thing has changed." She walked a little more confidently, pushing through people until we were lost in the middle of the sea - dancing, and laughing, and drinking like we were just one of the masses. With bright colored wigs and designer dresses.

***************

By three A.M. the rest of the girls had joined us down on the dance floor and we were all positively fucked up. Leisha and Collins couldn't keep their hands off of each other, Chantel had barely came up for air from making out with Mister Blue Eyes, who turned out to be Trent from Michigan, and Katrina even grinded against a drunken stranger.

"I guess Collins forgot about 'The Black Card'." Fi giggled beside me, sloshing some of her vodka water on my shoes.

"I haven't forgotten, Bitch!" Collins insisted as Leisha nuzzled into her neck. "There just haven't been any worthy men yet..."

"Well I for one am glad the card never got dealt." I raised my glass and downed the rest of my cherry vodka sour. I never drank them. I always thought they were too sweet, but apparently drunk twenty-one year old Avery was crazy about them. I'd had about four too many.

"I think it's time to continue the party back at our hotel..." Leisha nodded towards Rox who was teetering wildly on her heels, with one eye closed so she could see us.

"That's a good idea." I bonded arms with my girls and we shoved our way through the club goers, ignoring their bitchy protests.

**************

"I wonder if we can get fries from room service?" I asked, stripping off my shoes as our limo pulled back up to the Aria. I didn't know if it was frowned upon to walk barefoot through the upscale lobby, but I was sure worse things had happened in that damned lobby.

"I'm sure you can have whatever you want, birthday girl..." Leisha blew me a kiss over her shoulder as her and Collins lead the way.

"Maybe whatever I want, but certainly not whoever I want..." I sighed, my drunken mind wandering to Eli without my permission. Damn him. And damn that hot fucking girlfriend of his. Sky. Who fucking names their kid that? Like do they expect her to be high all the time?!

Collins stopped abruptly and I slammed into her back.

"What the-"