Am I Making New Friends? Part-2

Start from the beginning

"I don't need anyone's pity-"

"That's empathy." He shuts me up.

"It is normal for anyone to be as confused and distorted as you are. We all were. I kind of find it hypocrite myself- asking the Greenies not to ask any questions and get to work all day." He smiles softly, not looking at me. His eyes are surrounded by dark bags, his face paler than it should be.

I think this place takes its toll on everyone. I will surely look like this in a matter of days.

"Why would people generally decide to build a maze with Grievers and put kids in them? I mean wh-why would somebody want that?" I ask, running my fingers through my hair.

"I don't know. It's crazy." He gives a sad scoff.

"Where are we?" my voice breaks.

" Can vouch for it that it's bloody hell."

"This sucks. To infinity and beyond." I say, not trying to chuckle, laying down on the mattress, with hand over my face.

"You're telling me."

"How is it possible? How can we be imprisoned in a Maze, a freaking Maze with no exit? With bat shit crazy people watching over us? Doesn't that scares you."

It terrifies me.

"Yeah, but we're doin' all the bloody thing we can." Newt defends a little, "Its just taking some time."

"Two fucking years?" I ask, a pit growing in my stomach.

Will I ever get out of here?

"Not two years. It's almost two years."

"Doesn't really make much of a difference."

"Yeah, it does. Everyday makes a difference. Who knows that today the Runners come back with a way out?"

I nod. "Fine. It is almost two years."

"Yeah, but we are tryin' our best."

"Well, that's depressing." I say, trying to hold back the tears that are threatening to escape. I am not going to cry. Not in front of Newt. Not in front of anyone.

"Its a bugging nightmare, but it's the way it is." I find Newt looking down at me. His chocolate brown eyes has sparkling contrast to the dullness of the room. I suddenly just can't take my eyes of him.

"We will get out." He says with surety.

"I want...I just want all of this to be just a dream and that I wake up tomorrow in my room." I say, turning to him, propping my head on one hand.

"You have no idea how many times I've wanted it to happen." He gives a sad smile. I reach out to his hand, folded on his stomach and hook my little finger with his.

If I trust anyone in here, it is him.

I see Newt's eyes trail up my face and lock at my eyes.

The his eyes trail up to my hair. His smirks. "Your hair is all tangled up. Like a crow's nest."

I snort. "Way to ruin the moment, dude."

"That was hardly a moment, love."

"It could have been, but you ruined it."

"Next time, I won't."

"How do you know that we'll have a moment next time?" My face heats up.

"Oh trust me, princess, we will have lots of moments."

TOTAL WORDS-1003

A/N:

i love writing fluff.  

seriously?! 100+ reads??! this is fantabulously craziest thing that has ever happened to me.

thank you so much to those who have read my book and voted on them too. when ive started writing, ive never even thought to publish it publicly. so 100+ reads is a very big deal for me.

i'll be always grateful.

please keep supporting me and reading my stories. its all about your love and support.

 its all about your love and support