Twenty-Four!

Alexis had called Aaron and told him to come to her house. She was pacing so much that she was basically burning a mark into her floor. She hadn't stopped experiencing anxiety since she hung up with him, but she knew telling him about her decision was something that had to be done. She thought about Aaron, about what he might say.

She felt weak at the hands of Aaron, and she didn't like it. She felt like she could crumble at his words, which she hated because she liked to have control over herself. Alexis stopped pacing when she heard a small knock on the door. She stared at the door for several seconds before walking over.

She knew it was Aaron behind the door, but she still felt scared; still hesitated. What if he told her she wasn't allowed to go? What if he told her he didn't want her to leave? She knew he wouldn't, so why did these thoughts run through her head?

She grabbed the handle and yanked it open before she could rethink it.

Aaron smiled at her and leaned over for a kiss. He noticed how she recoiled slightly, but he didn't say anything. "Why did your phonecall sound so urgent?" He asked, walking into her apartment.

She closed the door, following him to the sofa. She hesitated, not sitting next to him. "Because it was." She stopped. "Rae and I got to thinking earlier today..." She stopped.

"Okay? What did the two of you get up to?" Aaron's mind wandered to what they'd talked about. Was she breaking up with him? Had he done something wrong?

"We were just shit balling at the start, but we were talking about me. About what had happened yesterday." She paused. "I... I don't want to get that sick again. I was terrified, truly. And sitting in the hospital bed, I decided that I needed help. Like, real help." Aaron smiled at her. "And if I get help, I don't want it to be half-assed. I wanna go all the way. Do you... Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"I don't... I don't know."

"I want to go to rehab. For a few months, or however long it takes." She smiled, looked down at the floor. "I... I want to get better, but I can't just do it on my own decision because this doesn't only affect me." She looked over at him, a smile on his face. "But I want your opinion too because me going away will ruin your life too."

Aaron didn't say anything as he hopped up from the couch to hug her. She giggled as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm proud of you, darling." Her smile widened as she felt his warm body against her own. "You leaving and going to work on yourself is not going to ruin my life," he said, pulling away from her.

"I love you so much," she said, almost in tears.

"I love you too."

The two of them didn't talk for a while, instead, sat on the sofa watching old YouTube videos. As Alexis sat there, her thoughts wandered to her worries. Her job, her friends, him.