BONUS / Poppy / Info

A long time ago, when Perception was only a one-shot short story, I'd gotten a voice actor to record the first chapter in audio. It turned out rather well, but then the ideas came and it turned into a novella then a novel and it felt strange to have just a singular chapter out in audio but nothing else. I'd like to ask readers what they think. Would you like to hear the audio book version of the one-shot first chapter, or nothing at all?

I'd love to make the entire thing into an audio book but for that, I'd first have to gain an audience. Wish me luck!

Poppy's story will continue on its own in a book titled "For My Next Trick

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Poppy's story will continue on its own in a book titled "For My Next Trick..." My intention is to write it as a standalone. I hope I can pull it off. As of February 21st, I've written 11 chapters but posted 4. Please let me know what you think.

 Please let me know what you think

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

As of now, any and all bonus chapters included in this book will be about the main characters of this book and/or perhaps a few flashback scenes that couldn't make the main book

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

As of now, any and all bonus chapters included in this book will be about the main characters of this book and/or perhaps a few flashback scenes that couldn't make the main book. Please add this book to your reading list so that you will receive a notification when a BONUS chapter is posted.

 Please add this book to your reading list so that you will receive a notification when a BONUS chapter is posted

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I am not a big fan of diversity for diversity's sake. When I first started writing about the dolls, I hadn't thought far enough ahead beyond the basic appearances but I got the idea for these two, Raphael more specifically, from Alexander Dumas, the author of The Three Musketeers. Alexander Dumas was a jr. His father, Alexander Dumas sir. was the half black son of a wealthy nobleman and his slave. When he turned ten, his father took him to France where he was freed just by setting foot on the soil. He later went on to enlist in the army, eventually gaining the highest ranking ever received by a man of color. During his time in the service, he was captured for one year and it is said that the book The Man In The Iron Mask was based on his experience during that time.

As I read this, I was amazed by a few things. The main element of surprise was that such a famous author had such an interesting past and it wasn't common knowledge.

Perception dealt a lot in realism and the magic of life itself. Therefore, I could not justify putting characters in a historical setting should they never have arrived their in a logical way. But then I also concluded that to say there weren't people of color in Europe at any given time is nonsense. Pocahontas herself was taken to England, where she died some years later, leaving behind a son.

Not to mention the 'human zoos' or Yasuke the black samurai.

The rest is history and I'm happy to have gotten the chance to bring a somewhat unique twist to this classic.

Thank you for taking this journey with me.

Perception  ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें