Walking Out and Moving on

Amy's POV

I went back inside, my mind made up. It was time to leave Ross, for good. He couldn't keep doing this, cheating on me, and expecting me to take him back. And especially with Austin and Ally, he could have requested the kiss to be like the first one, taken from an angle in which it looks real. But no, instead he decided to kiss her, and also not tell me.

I'd had enough of him walking all over me. I was going to leave him, and not give him any warning either. I went to our bedroom and started packing my things in a suitcase, stuffing them in as best as I could. Somewhere along the way, tears started slipping down my face as I realised that even now, he was probably cheating on me. He had gone to Laura's anyway.

I just didn't understand why. Yes, we hadn't had sex in a while, but didn't he love me? And if he did, couldn't he wait? Apparently not.

I finished packing my bag, and started packing one for Romeo. (Everything that I had bought for myself and Romeo, I packed, but everything that Ross had ever bought me, I left in its place.) When I was finished, I was about to leave, when I paused. I looked down at my hand, and pulled the ring off and placed it on the chest of drawers, before shutting the door and walking out.

I went into the living room where Stormie was still playing with Romeo.

"Stormie, I'm sorry, but I have to do this. I'm eternally grateful to you taking me in, and looking after me like one of your own, but I can't stay with Ross any longer."

She gasped and looked at me.

"Why honey? What did he do?"

"The kiss you just saw, he hadn't told me about it. He cheated on me, again. The same way he was getting a lap dance from this girl, and he almost hit me after that. I'm just so tired of this. I'm sorry, but I have to do this for myself," I explained.

"I'm so sorry sweetie. He shouldn't have done all this to you. I completely understand, of course you can take some time to yourself," she said.

"I'll let you all visit Romeo, of course. But I can't be around Ross anymore, possibly ever. This has just pushed me over the edge."

"Amy, it's okay. I don't think bad of you for doing this. I understand," she soothed.

"Thank you," I sniffed.

I picked up the bags and went outside to my car and shoved everything I had packed into the boot. I went back in and picked up Romeo, smiled sadly at Stormie and went back out to place him in the car seat. It was better this way, to not tell the whole family where I was so none of them would be able to find me.

I sat in the front, not being able to bring myself to drive away. I stayed still, crying, trying to drive away from the place that had brought me so much happiness, but so much sadness at the same time. I finally started driving, heading in the direction of Alex and Taylor's house.

I could barely see due to tears blurring my vision, but I somehow arrived, without crashing. I parked, and got out of the car, took Romeo out and went to the door. I rang the doorbell and waited anxiously, scared of what they would think of me.

Alex opened the door and smiled when she saw me.

"Hi Amy. What brings you here?"

"I've left Ross. And I was… was hoping if I could stay here a few days? Just until I get things sorted out?"

She gasped, her reaction not unlike that of Stormie's.

"What happened?"

"He." I paused. I couldnt even believe it. "He cheated on me multiple times, and I just couldn't deal with it anymore. Especially now that I have Romeo."

"Come in first," she said, ushering me inside.

I went in and sat down on the sofa, next to Taylor who was also there.

"So tell us the full story," Alex said.

So I started. How he cheated with Natalie, how he almost hit me, how he did and still is cheating with Laura, everything he put me through. By the end of it, Taylor had tears in her eyes.

"I thought we raised him correctly, to not treat girls like this. I… I'm sorry Amy," she said, through her tears.

"Don't be silly, it's not your fault that he turned out like this," Alex reprimanded her.

"Amy, you can stay here as long as you need, don't worry," Taylor said.

"Thank you both, so much. I just need to be able to move on, without Ross in my life."