'What is it dad ?'

'Sophia wanted to say goodbye as well.'

'I am not leaving the country' I said 'just staying at greenpeace.'

'I know it's hard for you to get closer to her but she really grew to like you over the months, maybe just a quick goodbye?'

'Alright, is she at school ?'

he nods, I swallow hard

Not long after, we arrive at school. My dad parks the car in the back of the parking. From my seat I have a view on the entire school. My eyes not looking away for even a moment. This school has been everything I knew. The best and most prestigious school in the country.

what a lie

The people here have only lied and betrayed me. Everyone only thought about themselves, always wanting to be better then the rest.

Then suddenly the front door opens, a small figure making its way out of the building. I look at my sister while she makes her way over to the car. Her eyes a soft blue shade, just like Rivers. Maybe that was the reason I could bearly look at her, bearly talk to her. She reminded me of River too much.

'Soph dear' my dad opens his door, making his way towards his daughter.

Sophia smiles at my dad, but her eyes are plastered on me. She walks around the car to my seat, I open my door slowly not bothering to get our of the car entirely.

My das as if sensing the tension, walks away from us to make a call.

'Angel, I know we aren't really close and I know you hate me but-'

'I do not hate you.'

Her eyes look up from the ground.

'I never wanted things to be like this between us, you know' I continue 'I hated you because you were the only thing that kept reminding me of River in this cold world.'

Sophia looks at me as if I am speaking a foreign language. Her eyes slightly filled with tears.

'I wish things weren't like this, maybe then we could have been like real sisters.'

My own words hurt me deeper then I could have imagined.

'I'm sorry Angel, I never thought about it like that' she leaned agains the car 'I-i just thought you didn't like me because dad gave me attention as well.'

I smile a little.

'Oh sophia, how wrong you thought.'

She smiles a little as well.

'I know you don't like greenpeace, and I know I can't completely change your mind but I want you to know that that place has become a home for me' she looks at me with sincerity 'my best memories are from that place and I would do it again, any day.'

'That is encouraging to hear.'

She smiles.

Just then my dad, our dad, appeared from behind a car, still on the phone with someone. We both watch him enter the car.

'I hope you will find yourself again.'

'I hope so as well.'

My dad places his phone down, lookin at the two of us.

'Well then, let's go.'

The engine roared to life. But right before I was about to close my door, Sophia pulled me back. Her arms lingered around me, pulling me into a hug.

we never hugged

Yet somehow, I felt a little less cold on the inside. A small flame inside of me. I smiled. Hugging her back. I felt the faint air of her breath brushing against my cheeck right before she whispered something in my ear.

'Whenever you feel sad or stressed and need an escape from reality, go up to the roof at night' I felt something cold and metallic press into my pocket 'and don't tell dad.'

Then she pulled away, flashing me one last smile before we drove off.