0.4 - Casper

M I C H A E L

"Mom!" Casper whined, blushing hard and I laughed at her. We're still sitting here, our parents chatting non-stop like they're been best friends for years.

"Casper once dressed up for prom just last year, she's so pretty, everyone said it but she won't believe it-"

"Mom, oh my god." Casper groaned covering her face in embarrassment. I chuckled lowly not removing my eyes of off her, my chin in my palm.

She's still the old, blithe insecure Casper. Even in middle school, when I watch her from afar (wow sounds creepy) she would always deny that she' is pretty, even when everyone says that she is. She was always so insecure, sometimes I don't get it why some girls think like that.

"Mom, just shut it, okay?" Casper laughed, I laughed along and suddenly our eyes met and I feel my cheeks heat up.

"So Michael, tell me about yourself." Casper suddenly spoke up as her parents and mine got into a conversation again.

"I-uh, there's nothing much special about me." I said with a smile and she frowned.

"Tell me like, basic information about yourself, name, age, birthday, and stuff." She chuckled and I looked at the table, paying with the leftover pasta on my plate.

"Michael Gordon Clifford, 19, and I'm born on November 20, 1995." I grinned.

"I'm Casper Aleah Flynn, 18, born on July 26, 1996." She said back. "Nice to meet you, Michael." She grinned then handing out her small hand.

I looked at it for a second then wiped off the sweat forming on my palm before shaking it and I swear the moths won't stop freaking out. (bc butterflies are too mainstream)

"Nice to meet you too, Casper." I let out a nervous laugh. I don't know why I am suddenly got shy and agitated around her, this afternoon I talked to her like my new normal not-always-nervous self, what happened?

"You know, I think we need to head home." My mom suddenly spoke up and I mentally frowned.

I don't want to leave just yet, Casper and I just started a conversation!

"Is that so? Okay then, thank you for having this wonderful dinner with us tonight." Mrs. Flynn smiled politely.

"Thank you for the amazing food, Mrs. Clifford." Casper grinned and my mom nodded.

"Casper, walk them out." Her mother commanded and Casper quickly followed.

My mom was the first to stand up, Casper and I following.

"You know, it's good that we're neighbors." Casper randomly spoke up and I turned to her.

"And why is that?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"I could get to know you better, we could take the bus at the morning and talk, you know?" She smiled that made me my heart jump.

S-she wanted to know me better?

"Y-yeah, sure." I said and let out a nervous laugh.

"It's been a great night, Mrs. Clifford and Michael. See you around." Casper smiled before gently closing the door, I followed my mom as we walked home.

"You like her, right?" Mom teased and I blushed.

"Y-yeah." I mumbled. “A lot.”

------

oh my god imagine casper as nina nesbitt bc i ship mina/nichael idk, they look cute together maybe?

but nina and ed is my 5ever otp lol