0.3 - Dinner

M I C H A E L

"Bring those glass wares and be careful because it's hot." She said in her usual sweet tone. I mumbled an okay and gathered the glassware container in my hands.

"Come on." I smiled at my mother then she held her container filled with pasta.

My hands are literally sweating like I just washed my hands as I followed my mother to their doorstep. Mom knocked 3 times and a girl opened, and to my surprise it was Casper, her eyes first landed on mine and I swear my heart beat pace increased.

"Hi, you must be the Cliffords?" She sent a tawdry grin and my mom nodded, she looked to me again. "Hi Michael."

"Hi." I mumbled. And sent a small smile.

"Come in." She cheerfully welcomed us in.

Their house looks like our own, just theirs is much more designed and organized than ours, since we just moved here.

Since I'm walking behind her, I got a good look at her, she's wearing a white long-sleeved dress that has a respectable amount of length, not too short, not too long, her braided hair from earlier was conveyed, showing her curly brown locks that's flowing along with her moves.

"Mom, they are here!" She said to her parents as my mother and her parents exchanged greetings and some words, Casper and I awkwardly stood there watching them.

"So we're neighbors, huh?" She nudged me on the shoulder and I lowered my head to look at her since she’s smaller compared to my height.

"Yeah." I smiled, looking back to my mother and her parents chatting before I could get lost to her beautiful eyes.

"You know, you do look familiar." She said out of the blue and I snapped my head to her direction.

"You do?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah, you're Michael Clifford in 6th grade, the guy who has this amazing fringe but no one notices and just with his friends Luke and Calum." She grinned.

"Yeah, that's me."

She remembers me.

"You know Calum and Luke?" I asked, why haven't they told me this before?

Oh, right. They thought I was over her.

"Come on, kids." Mrs. Flynn called us and Casper grumbled.

"I'm not a kid anymore." She pouted like a child that made me chuckle.

We sat across each other at the table, she gave me a small close-mouth smile that I always loved ever since the start.

We started eating and our parents chatting, knowing each other about their neighbors, as expected, Casper and I sat in complete silence, we're not even close like, what are we gonna talk about? I'm so not excited for school either, school's tomorrow, I'm just excited I'm gonna go see my best friends again. I hope we're in the same section or something.

-----

Filler