Chapter 1 - Prologue

Looking back at his life Ethan never had a good life, arguably it was not the worst but most definitely it was not something you would wish for yourself.

Giving birth to him his mother had died while his father killed himself out of despair not long after, leaving baby Ethan in the hands of an orphanage. He was 'lucky' that he got adopted quickly and he had a few years of a good life with a nice family of him and his stepparents. However, all too quickly that fell apart when on his third birthday he saw the real faces of the people that he called mom and dad. From then his daily routine was getting verbally assaulted by his mother and being forced into girl clothing by his father which escalated as he grew older to physical assault and inappropriate touching and more so even then to torture and being forced to sleep with his father.

One day however he had lost it.

He killed his new family.

Out of fear he ran away from home where he was approached by a kind-looking old man only after a day of running away. At first, Ethan was afraid of the old man, but eventually, he let his guard down and took up the old man's offer of a meal. This was perhaps one of the most stupid things he ever decided to do. The food was drugged, and Ethan quickly passed out. The next time he woke up he was on a hospital bed, but he was in no hospital. He was in an experimental faculty that secretly tested various drugs on people and performed inhumane experiments and now Ethan, now referred to as subject 27811314512818514171920134 as shown by the barcode engraved on his arm, was the newest member of this godforsaken faculty. From there it was years and years of unbearable torture.

Only when he was 27 did he manage to escape after being misdiagnosed dead. By some miracle of luck, he managed to leave the faculty and arrive back into the normal world. It was good that despite the problems of his family they had to send him to school, though one does wonder how no one picked up on his situation back then.

But it seemed that his luck totally ran out when the moment he thought he was safe he got run over by a truck.

"HAA HAA HAAAAAAAAAA!" *(Maniac laughing)

Ethan laid on the road laughing as his vision blurred while he was in pain, ironically, he thought the pain was nothing compared to what had already been through. As the last moments of life were about him, his life came fleeting past him as he cursed the fact that he was able to remember every detail, perhaps it was some drug he was fed or some experiment to his brain that caused it, but he knew this was the end. He no longer had to suffer.

Inwardly, despite being happy about his end he thought that if there was another life he did not want to suffer as he had done so, he wanted to be able to live, to be free.

author note - there are two things that I have specially chosen to represent something in the prologue and whoever thinks they know it, message me and if your right ill transfer £2 per meaning you guess right first come first serve. Good luck, you will need it.

p.s. weekly updates maybe