Chapter Fourteen: Family Night

Start from the beginning

James now noticed the damaged courthouse, as well as the police outside. "Braedey! What in the name of Sir Isaac H. Newton happened to the courthouse!?"

 Newton happened to the courthouse!?"

"Oh, Dad. It all went pear-shaped." Braedey took off the voice modulator device. "My daughter. She showed up-" His voice changed back to normal. "-and Griff and his goons started messing around with her. Chaos soon ensued the place."

"Your daughter?" James fell back into the car. "Oh, for the love of- The sleep inducer! I was afraid of this. Because I used it on Jasmine, there wasn't enough power left to knock your daughter out for a full hour! Damn!" He then punched the side of the door. Unbeknown to them, Biff walked away from the area.

Orion sighed, but then noticed something. He picked up the newspaper, and he saw it was changing shape. "Wait. James! Guys! Look at this!" He got James and the other's attention. "The newspaper is changing."

Orion showed the paper and it was changing from Daphne to Griff and his gang being arrested. The title now read: 'GANG JAILED: Hoverboard Rampage Destroys Courthouse'.

The teens took a closer look at what was on the paper, James noticing something happening up over at the courthouse

The teens took a closer look at what was on the paper, James noticing something happening up over at the courthouse. He got the binoculars out, and he zoomed in on what's going on. He could see Griff being taken away by the police, just as a USA TODAY news drone hovered nearby.

"I was framed!" Griff pleaded at the camera, just as the drone now took his picture.

"Why, yes!" James exclaimed. "Yes, of course."

"What's wrong? What's the matter?" Tyler asked.

"Tyler. Don't you see what has happened?" Orion pointed to the newspaper. "Because of our intervention here today, we have. altered the course of future history for the better. It all makes perfect sense."

"No... you kinda lost me." Andrea hesitantly raised a hand.

"Because this hoverboard incident has now occurred, Griff now goes to jail." James said to the others, pointing to the paper. "Therefore, Braedey's daughter won't go with him tonight, and that robbery will never take place. Thus, history, future history, has been altered and this is the proof!" He held up the paper.