𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝚇

--

Albedo woke up early in the morning, as he usually did. Not wanting to wake the captain, he simply got up quietly, going right outside their camp to sketch. The weather was slightly less cold than the day before but it's not like it mattered to him, he never seemed to care about the cold even if he wasn't wearing a jacket. To him, the physical discomfort caused by the cold weather didn't matter, for it was only temporary - while his research and sketches were forever... to an extent. Memories of the night when Kaeya had ripped up his notes still haunted him and due to Sucrose's sudden obsession with him, he hadn't had the chance to rewrite them... It's not as if he wanted to anyway... Why was he even writing 'it'..? All these details seemed blank in his mind... But at the moment he was so drawn to writing it.. Suddenly, He felt the urge to work on 'it' again, it came with a terrible headache. He didn't want to... but something in him did? He didn't want to do 'it'. He didn't want to leave everyone. He didn't want to-

"Albedo...? What are you doing out here in the cold without a jacket? You're going to get sick..."

Kaeya quickly walked over to where Albedo was, sitting next to him and placing his arm around his shoulder. He was cold. Really cold. He also hadn't responded to Kaeya's question, sparking a bit of worry within him. Kaeya gently shook him,,

"Hellooo? Albedo you there?.." Nothing. Kaeya started to panic. Was he dead? Well- no of course he wasn't dead.. he was still breathing. Good signs Good signs... Without any further thought, Kaeya picked up Albedo (PRINCESS CARRY STYLE <3 ) and took him over to the fire. He placed his hand on his forehead, it was just as cold as the rest of him. Kaeya wrapped his little scarf thing around him and wrapped him in a blanket. He wanted to hug the Alchemist but he didn't want to startle him, afraid that it would lead him into a worse panic. So thus Kaeya just remained at Albedo's side until finally, Albedo let out a gasp, quickly wrapping his arms around Kaeya and burrying his face into his shoulder.
"Hm? Albedo are you okay?"
He said nothing, simply shaking his head. Kaeya hugged him, lightly swaying him from side to side.
"It's okay... I'm here. I'll protect you... Do you want to tell me what happened?"
Albedo wanted to, but he knew he couldn't. Even if he tried he wouldn't be able to,, not until 'it' was complete. Albedo had a mission, and until he finishes that, he couldn't tell anyone about it. Kaeya continued to comfort him for a few minutes until Albedo finally sighed.
"Thank you,, for your patience.."
"Of course. Anytime."
"I-uh.. We should get this report done.."
"Aren't you cold though? I don't want you getting sick.."
"I'll be fine.. I've warmed up now thank you"
Kaeya let go of Albedo, placing his hand on the side of his face "You scared me y'know? Next time you go out there alone, please tell me.."
Albedo nodded before standing up and grabbing his notebook.
--
For a while they walked around Dragonspine, filling out the report. It was quite boring, you just walked around and wrote stuff down about the conditions and the animals.. Never anything interesting- until.. they came across a camp of Hilichurls. Albedo quickly hid behind a bush, gesturing over to Kaeya,  who quickly followed his lead. "If we just don't alert them we won't have to fight them.."
A major difference between the two. Albedo had no interest in fighting. - Although trained to wield a sword and being a vision bearer, he always seemed to try to avoid conflict like that. - While Kaeya wasn't afraid to stir things up. He enjoyed showing off his skills, he was really quite powerful after all. But he listened to Albedo nevertheless, not wanting to mess things up between them again. Kaeya peeked over the bush while trying to figure out a way out.. Well, oy Kaeya really wanted to get them out, Albedo was just sketching the hilichurls. - His art was gorgeous, very avant-garde, and very interesting to look at...even his doodle of Kaeya - They hadn't alerted the hilichurls and things seemed to be going quite well until a rabbit ran right in front of the bush they were hiding behind, bringing attention to them, and revealing their presence to the hilichurls. Quickly Kaeya stood up, drawing his sword and preparing himself to fight them. He didn't want them to interrupt Albedo, who had also tried to get up to assist Kaeya but was quickly stopped by the captain.  Kaeya fought off the hilichurls one by one before coming face to face with the chief Mitachurl... They fought until finally Kaeya defeated it, standing proudly over its body looking over at Albedo before walking over to him and offering his hand to help hin stand up. Albedo took it and stood up, but didn't let go once he got up.
"That was quite impressive Captain, thank you."
"Yeahh it's really no problem, just a few old tricks. Man didn't stand a chancee"
"I guess you are Cavalry Captain for a reason"
Kaeya was satisfied, Albedo had finally grown to like him more and he felt as though he finally wasn't messing up at every chance they'd get to talk. He himself had grown to admire the alchemist more and more aswell... Perhaps this could be what some would call a "crush...?" Albedo was perfect to Kaeya in every way... And well, he had started showing signs of affection back aswell... perhaps he felt the same way..?
--

~ B-B-B-BONUS!! But this did happen ig just later that day~
"Soo... Just out of curiosity... Boy talk I guess... Y'know.. What's your type?"
"I don't mind. More of a personality guy myself... I've never really thought about relationships, to be honest"
"So are you straight?"
"Does the gender of a person affect the relationship of two people that much?"
"You've got a point.. No I just asked because Sucrose said-"
"Sucrose says a lot of things."
--
Sobs
Anthony says hi :)
life is good i think