𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚅𝙸𝙸𝙸 | fr this time <3

\ hope you enjoyed your Tartaglia break <3 \

\ listening to rasputin (slowed+reverb) until i finish this help me \

if you haven't eaten yet today go eat. 

--

Dragonspine was cold. I mean, of course it was, it was covered in snow. With sub zero temperatures, it could be really dangerous - thus why not many explorers dare venture past the lower areas. In fact, it was quite shocking just how the Fatui could get past certain areas, but many people chose not to question their ways assuming it was just their technology. - Albedo had been to Dragonspine many times. For what? Who knows. He'd be gone for weeks at a time for a report that perhaps could only take a few hours,, But after his third trip, Jean figured it would be best to not question it. He was a mysterious man, but an honest one. There's simply no way he could be doing anything suspicious. 

Their trip was very long and silent, they left very early in the morning, and Kaeya still half asleep.  Albedo wanted to leave before sunrise so that they'd get the most sunshine on their trip, hopefully making it a bit warmer and more bearable. It was cold, very cold, too cold for Kaeya to complain. The alchemist seemed to be doing fine though, just a sudden shiver here and there but nothing more. He was probably used to these temperatures but still, it was fascinating how not even the extreme weather couldn't stop him in his research. Somehow, being around Albedo made the cold a little bit more bearable for Kaeya... As if the man himself radiated warmth. Kaeya never left Albedo's side, just standing behind him whenever he'd go to pick samples or examine something in the snow. He enjoyed watching him at work, he seemed so focused and passionate about his job, his blonde hair flowing in the wind,, his blue eyes,, FUCK. HES STRAIGHT- RIGHT...

"Albedo... h-how long until we get to the camp?" 

"Mmm...Not long why do you ask?"

"I-It's a bit cold.. d-don't you think?"

"You're cold?" Albedo quickly jumped up, starting to walk back on the path to the way of the camp. "You should've told me earlier. I wouldn't have made so many stops" Kaeya followed closely behind him, shivering at this point, he didn't want to interrupt Albedo but he was really feeling the cold now.. he didn't know how long he could take it."Well, you just seemed so busy, I wouldn't want to interrupt the Chief Alchemist in his research.." Albedo shook his head, still walking "It wasn't incredibly important, if you need anything please don't hesitate to tell me.." They walked for a few minutes before reaching Albedo's camp, Albedo promptly lit the fire and Kaeya sat down in front of it.. still shivering. 

"H-How do you manage? I mean.. it's so c-cold.." 

"I guess I'm just used to it... When first came here, I could barely stand the cold. I barely made it past the lowest point. Over time I've just grown numb to the cold weather and now I'm fine with it.. You look really cold.. Would you like something hot to eat, Captain?"

"If it's doesn't cause you too much trouble.." Albedo nodded, going to his little stove, starting to cook two meals, one for the captain, and one for himself. A few minutes passed as Kaeya still tried to get warm by the fire, and Albedo came back with two plates, handing one to Kaeya before sitting down next to him. Kaeya looked at the plate, the presentation was very... Albedo. It looked as though he created his own little world on a plate, it was creative - and cute. - Kaeya smiled, closing his eyes and taking his first bite, Albedo watching him for any reaction to his dish... Kaeya wasn't necessarily a fan of seafood. He enjoyed meat a lot more but this,, This dish was delicious. It was so flavourful.. as if the dish itself would take you on an adventure through taste. 

"... Do you like it?"

"I love it." Albedo smiled, taking a bite from his own plate. "I didn't know you were such a good cook" Kaeya moved closer to Albedo, still eating. 
"Thank you Captain. I truly do appreciate it.. You could say this is my 'Signature dish' I call it the 'Woodland Dream.'"

"Well it's great! You must make it again for me sometime." 

"Haha I'll be sure to take you some next time I make it"

(FALLING IN LOVE?? CRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. what does love- how does relationship work? i never been in one hah how do u show affection help)

Kaeya looked at Albedo and smiled, bringing his hand up to his face and brushing away a little piece of food on his cheek and then tucking his hair behind his ear. The gesture shocked the alchemist, no one apart from sucrose showed this much care for him.. even in such a small gesture. - He didn't want to count sucrose. He didn't view sucrose as anything more than just his apprentice, recently she had been trying too hard to spend time with him and she had just become more annoying than anything. - Kaeya brushed it off though, he was an expert at that. He'd make a small, sweet gesture for him and then act like nothing happened to leave the man begging for more attention. Albedo just looked at Kaeya before looking down at his plate, finishing his meal, and putting their plates aside.

"I think we should begin the report tomorrow... We're starting to lose sun and it'll be extremely cold without it."

Kaeya was so distracted by the Alchemist, he had totally forgotten about the cold. But just as he mentioned it, he felt the cold rushing back to his body and he started shivering again.

"R-Right." Kaeya scooted over closer to the fire and Albedo smiled "Captain, are you cold?" Kaeya just nodded, putting his hands out to the fire, still trying to warm up.. Until he felt something on his back.. The Alchemist gently placed his coat on Kaeya and then sat next to him, resting his head on his shoulder while sketching away at his notebook. Kaeya froze a bit, definitely not expecting him to do that but accepting it, and resting his head on Albedos, wrapping his arms around him as he sketched.

"you should draw mee"

"Mmmm maybe"

"Pleaseee" 

He flipped to an empty page, drawing only with three strokes of the pencil - one for the face, one for the eyepatch string... and one for the eyepatch. 

---

NOT ME ALMOST DELETING EVEYRTHARSA BBAAHAHAHHA SAVE ME

😳 😳

THERE THEYRE GETTING ALONG ARE TYYOU HAPPYY??

I LISTENED TO RASPUTIN LIKE AT LEAST 18 TIMES FOR THIS

WAS IT WORTH IT? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO </3