𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙸𝙸

The mind wanders to far and unfamiliar places if you so allow it to, but for Captain Kaeya it seemed his mind would only wander to the same place. The Alchemist. (FLASHBACKS TO MY NOVEL STUDY) Although their meeting was quite short and there was not much depth to it, (my bad,,) his image seemed to replay in his head, barely allowing him to focus on his paperwork. As if he even enjoyed the paperwork to begin with... He tried his best to get it done, doing the bare minimum, using the alchemist as a motivation. The sooner he got this work done, the sooner he could talk to him about their little outing to the tavern, and the sooner he could try to see what was really up with the guy.

Strangely, he found himself excited to talk to him again, considering how he rarely took the opportunity to talk to him, this felt to him almost as exciting as a birthday... Excited? Why would he be excited. It's to simply talk to him again.. Nothing more. There is nothing more to it or to him. (mhmm) Alas, he continued to work, his mind occasionally drifting, until he had finally finished.

Not bad.. It was not long after the work day ended and he hadn't heard anyone leaving so he figured this would be the perfect time to ask him. As he walked over to Albedo's lab, he mumbled to himself ways to ask him to the tavern without sounding like a creep or as if this is some romantic thing. He just wanted to talk after all, best to ask casually.

knock knock

"Hm? Who's there? Klee, Im very sorry I can't play right no-"
"Hey Alchemy boy, it's just me no need to worry about Klee...solitary confinement."
"I see.." Albedo put aside the samples he was working on and quickly turned around in his chair to face the captain.
"How may I help you, Captain Kaeya?"
"Well.." Kaeya leaned on the doorframe, looking around at all the stuff in albedos lab. He had not really been in there before, perhaps once or twice while picking up Klee to babysit.
"Just wondering if we were still on for the tavern later"
"The..tavern?" Albedo looked away, thinking, trying to remember when there was any mention of going to the tavern- Until it hit him. Of course the moment he wasn't paying attention is when he misses details such as this.. Slightly embarrassed of his mistake he quickly nodded.
"Sure sure.. I suppose a quick trip would be fine, thank you for the invitation"
"Great, would you like to go right now or do you need time to finish up?"
"An hour will do."
"You bet, Albedo. See you then"
Albedo nodded and Kaeya went off to his office again to kill time. There was nothing to do, he just sat there, anticipation slowly eating him away as he waited for the hour to pass..
...
"Captain Kaeya? I'm ready to go now."
Albedo stood at Kaeya's door as Kaeya quietly napped on his couch.
"Captain-"
"Eh?! Who- Oh, Albedo. So sorry... You're here for.. The tavern! right right lets get going" The captain quickly got off the couch, rushing out the door. Albedo stood there for a second, a bit startled and confused but shook it off and followed the knight to the tavern.
"Oh GOOOD... Diluc isn't on shift tonight.. Oi Charles get me two dandelion wines"
--
Albedo really wasn't one to drink. He wasn't a fan of alcohol, but he remained silent, slightly uncomfortable in the tavern atmosphere.
"Hey! Albedo, over here!"
Kaeya gestured him over to a table in the corner. At least the table was secluded enough that they would have a little space from the other people drinking. Considering the place, the least he could value was a little space. He sat down across from Kaeya as Charles, the bartender, brought over two dandelion wines placing one in front of Kaeya and one in front of Albedo.
"So, Albedo, tell me a bit about yourself. Haven't gotten the chance to talk to you this personally before, and trust me, I'm dying to hear all about you"
Kaeya started drinking his wine and Albedo took one sip, he hated it. He quickly put it down, moving it slightly aside as he shifted his focus to Kaeya.
"I am an Alchemist, I am a part of the knights and I work with my apprentice, Sucrose. There really isn't that much to hear."

Kaeya stared at him, examining him. Trying to get a better read on him but to no avail. His pale complexion, his ocean blue eyes, (kinda cring ngl) they revealed nothing to him. Incredible really, there's so much hiding in those eyes, and the master, Kaeya himself, couldn't even get anything out of it..
"I guess that is a rather disappointing answer. My apologies."
"Oh no no no, don't worry about it.. Charles, another wine for me please.. So tell me a bit about your work? What exactly do you do in that lab of yours all day?"
Charles quickly came over, handing him another wine as Albedo stared uncomfortably at his own, almost untouched glass.
"Alchemy. I typically just research things, from simple animals to the elemental powers and how exactly they work. Relations between, per say, an anemo vision barer and an anemo slime. Both have the same elemental power, whats the true difference?"
Albedo went on about his recent research, vaguely going over the answers to the questions he'd seemingly ask himself. At this point, Kaeya had reached his 6th glass and was starting to get drunk. (OK LISTEN I AM NOT OF DRINKING AGE SO I DONT KNOW HOW THE HELL ALCOHOL WORKS SIX IS A PRETTY NUMBER :))
"What would the answer to that elemental something something question be? Im curiousssss" (warning: pure bs i made up coming up because i dont feel like searching this up)
"Well the slime is made entirely of the power while the vision barer only has the power to manipulate it. The vision barer is like any ordinary citizen of Mondstadt , just that the vision allows them to do extraordinary thi- Captain?"
Albedo looked at Kaeya, who seemed pretty out of it at this point, how many glasses had he drunk? Now he could see the reasoning behind Jean's complaints..
"Nooooooo keep talking... I like your voiceee~~ It's prettyyy like youuu. cmon alchemy boyyy I wanna feel smartttttt"
"C..Captain Kaeya are you drunk?"
"Charles!! Anothe-"
"N-No thank you Charles, I think that'll be enough for him tonight.. God, what am I supposed to do? I can't just leave you here drunk can I.."
"I wanna go where you goo alchemy boyyy~"
"uh.. Charles here's your payment.. Thank you for the wine.."
Albedo quickly handed Charles the mora and stood up, taking Kaeya's arm and leading him back to his lab.
"You can lay down over there on the couch, I'll be over here. Please don't mess with anything,,"
"Yeppp... I won't touch aaanything. Don't you worry.."
"Yeah... I would rather not have to clean anything up.."
"You're pretty hot not gonna lie"
"Ok thanks.." (LETS GOOO IYKYK)
Albedo left the captain on the couch as he walked over to hopefully tidy up his notes.. He could risk it, he had to keep an eye on Kaeya. So for that night, as Kaeya slept soundly on the couch, Albedo pulled up a chair next to him, keeping his watch on him, before eventually drifting off to sleep.

--

"M-Mister Albedo.. I've got the notes on the Regisvine you wante- AH! C-Captain Kaeya?"
The young lady's scream quickly woke them both up, with an almost synchronized groan. Kaeyas because of a throbbing headache, and Albedos because of terrible neck pain.
"Ow- Thank you Sucrose... Please just put them on my desk"
Sucrose quickly nodded, putting the papers on the desk and just as quickly leaving the room.
"Ah my head- What happened yesterday-"
"You got drunk."
"Did I? Oh I'm so sorry. I do hope I didn't cause trouble."
"Thankfully you fell asleep before being able too. I couldn't afford to have you spilling anything"
"Albedo, I am truly sorry I certainly didn't plan-"
"It's fine. Just.. You probably have work to do, don't you, Captain? You should really head to your office and get that done."
"But- ... You're right. My apologies still. I hope I can make it up to you."
Albedo nodded, still slightly annoyed at having had to babysit him the previous night. Kaeya quickly got up, apologizing multiple times before leaving the lab and going to his office. If that was his chance at befriending the mysterious Alchemist... he totally blew it.
--
(GOT THE SLIME BALLOON COMMISION DHMU)
this chapter i wrote at like 2am and i didn't even mean to write jt so like um yes <3