Affection Pt.1 (Kagehina)

Kageyama wants to learn how to be more 'boyfriendy' towards Hinata after a certain interaction with Oikawa. So he gets advice from no one other then Sugawara.

Ships included/mentioned: Iwaoi

[Sweet] [Cursing] [Worried]

(Proof Read)

~

"Yahoo~ Tobio!" Oikawa said, noticing the setter walking home

"Egh, yo." Kageyama simply said, continuing to walk

"No chibi-chan?" Oikawa asked, disregarding the 'egh' "Did he finally get sick of you?"

"What do you mean?" Kageyama glared

"Ah, its been so easy pressing your buttons ever since you started dating, I can just bring chibi-chan up and you're already ready to punch me." Oikawa snickered

"So you're just trying to piss me off." Kageyama said 

"I usually am, Tobio. However! I bagan to notice the distance that you and chibi started to have." Oikawa said "And I can't help but believe its because you aren't the 'boyfriendy' type."

"Boyfriendy?" Kageyama reiterated 

"Notice the little things Tobio, I know its hard for your simple brain. You always try to disregard peoples feelings, on and off court. You were seen as a king for a reason weren't you?"

"What's your point." Kageyama mumbled

"My my, it seems as if I struck another chord." Oikawa blatantly said "You should try and pay attention to that little lover of yours. Or else he'll never walk with you again." 

"Oikawa-san." Kageyama said "Iwaizumi-san isn't walking with you either."

"Eh? I-Its because he was held up at the club for something!" Oikawa defended himself

"Sure." Kageyama said

"It's true! Hey! Don't run away from me you brat!" 

☾ Timeskip ☽

It really pissed Kageyama off that he couldn't naturally be as affectionate as his shorter partner.

"You were seen as a king for a reason weren't you?"

Those words kept replaying over and over in his head.

He was who he was before as he never even tried to understand how his teammates felt. Which ended in no one being there to spike his set.

Hinata was the best thing to happen to Kageyama. Not only did his fast reflexes and skills match up with the younger, he understood and respected Kageyama despite him being unsentimental towards him or others in the beginning.

He learned with Hinata, in more ways then one. About volleyball, sportsmanship, true friendship and romantic feelings.

One of the many reasons Kageyama loved the middle blocker.

He couldn't stand the thought of losing him and losing his partner. He'd probably throw himself into endless amounts of training, tire himself out to the point of complete exhaustion, and sleep for days straight in an endless cycle.

He had to make this right. He couldn't have Hinata ripped away from him.

"Kageyama!" Hinata exclaimed, walking into the classroom a couple moments after the bell rung

"Quiet down, dumbass." Kageyama said "Why are you here?"

"I came to pick you up of course!" Hinata smiled

"Why?" Kageyama said, trying to understand

Hinata tilted his head in confusion "Why not? Why do you have such an irritated expression?"

"What? I do not." Kageyama clearly scowled

"You do! Right there!" Hinata said, squishing the younger's face

Kageyama stared at the older and decided he really needed to find out how to show affection, he didn't understand this shit at all.

"Let's go to the club and practice." Kageyama suddenly said, needing to talk to a certain someone for advice

"Race you there!" Hinata said, running out

"Oi! You got a headstart!"

☾ Timeskip ☽

"Sugawara-san!" Kageyama huffed as he ran up to the older outside

"Kageyama? I just saw Hinata run by, I figured you'd stumble here sometime soon." Sugawara warmly smiled as he turned his head to the younger

"I have to ask you something. Please give me advice!" Kageyama bowed, slightly startling the older

"Ah, what is it?" Sugawara curiously asked, fully turning to the taller

"I want to be more boyfriendy to Hinata." Kageyama said

"Boyfriendy?" Sugawara asked "I think you mean affectionate, Kageyama."

"Yes, that." Kageyama said

"Well... theres numerous amounts of things you could do considering you two are in a romantic relationship already." Sugawara said fingers holding his chin as thoughts roamed around his head "You can examine what he does. You are great at learning volleyball techniques just by watching, so that possibly can be applied onto affection as well. It still might not work, considering if we use that logic, you would do better on tests..."

"Yeah.." Kageyama said, lightly embarrassed

"You definitely strike me as more of a physically affectionate person rather then emotional. Do small things, like kissing him, hugging him. Invite him over for no particular reason other then to be in each other's presence. Cuddling seems to be a great way to get physical affection out. Don't tell Daichi I ever suggested this but, sex!" Sugawara said, causing Kageyama's face to heat up "But you should also keep a balance of emotional affection as much as you can as well. It might seem hard, but tell him how you feel about him from the heart sometimes. I'm sure Hinata would love to hear that."

"Ah... Thank you!" Kageyama bowed again

"You better run off to the gym, Hinata is waiting for you." Sugawara said

"Right!" Kageyama said, running off as his thoughts rolled in his head

"This dumbass thinks he can be more affectionate then me... I won't let him win! Even if he has a head start."