SIX

CHAPTERSIX

CHAPTER
SIX

I MEET AN ACTUAL CENTAUR?!?

       ONCE I GOT OUT, OF THE BUS, I was confronted with a new problem, walking. Driving the sun had taken a lot out of me, from all the screaming, crying, oh and sweating. The second I stood up from the seat I wobbled back down like jello.

So, instead of walking, I sat on one of the few patches of snow on the grass, ignoring the cold feeling.

This was the camp Percy had talked about fondly, it looked beautiful in winter. Light patches of snow were everywhere, there wasn't a lot but also wasn't nothing, along with that was a light snowfall. Behind us was a waterfall which seemed to have frosted over and all around us were different buildings and things.

On one side there were twelve different cabins, each one having different themes but they had one similar quality. Each one had Christmas lights. Then in front of me was a climbing wall, though there was something unusual about it. At the top, there was actual lava coming out of it. Then on the other side was this large house, which was also decorated with lights.

All around were other small buildings and more; an amphitheater, arena, a few fields, a forest, and something I think was a camp store. "Woah, Is that a climbing wall," I heard Nico say in awe beside me.

"Yeah," Percy answered.

"Why's there lava pouring down it?" I asked, still comfortably sitting in the snow.

"Little extra challenge." Now I was a bit worried to see was a big extra challenge would be at this camp. Percy glanced down at me, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Why are you sitting in the snow?" He questioned and I just shrugged, "I was a bit dizzy after almost driving the sun into Maine."

He sighed, helping me up. I said a quick thanks and he nodded before turning to Zoë. "Come on. I'll introduce you to Chiron. Zoe, have you met—"

"I know Chiron," Zoë interrupted, "Tell him we will be in Cabin Eight. Hunters, follow me."

Cabin Eight? Why that specific Cabin, I questioned inside of my head but on the outside I just nodded.

"I'll show you the way," offered Grover.

Zoë shook her head, "We know the way."

"Oh, really, it's no trouble. It's easy to get lost here, if you don't"—he tripped over a canoe and came up still talking—"like my old daddy goat used to say! Come on!"