THREE

CHAPTERTHREE

CHAPTER
THREE

I'M ACTUALLY A COOL DEMIGOD?

"ANNABETH!" PERCY EXCLAIMED. I looked down, sighing as Nico tried to pry my hands away from him. I stopped covering his eyes, getting ready for the questions.

"What happe—" He was cut off by the sound of gunfire. It startled both of us but in only a few seconds it was gone. The helicopter had turned into a flock of ravens, Nico looked astonished while I was still extremely confused.

Bianca had sat back up beside me, equally confused. "How, how did that just happen?!" Bianca stammered, her eyes widening.

"It might have to do with them," I murmured, pointing over to a group.

Shield girl, brown curly-haired boy, Percy, Zoë, and the hunters' leader spoke, their voices hushed. Sometimes Percy would raise his voice, but nothing he said could explain this.

"Why'd you cover my eyes," Nico groaned, crossing his arms. I turned to him, giving up on eavesdropping on the group.

I smiled. "You're still my little brother, I wouldn't willingly let you see anything graphic," I told him. Nico groaned before muttering something about, "I'm not a baby." I noticed Shield girl glancing at us and frowning. I waved, maybe I could make a friend. She looked surprised, before waving back her attention was averted when Zoë said something.

Nico sighed, "Fine, either way, the girl from before isn't dead. I just feel it." I nodded, I had the same feeling.' The di Angelo kids, including me, have been sensing things for awhile. It's been weird, really weird.

"Whoa," Bianca said beside me, I turned to her as she stood up. "Hold up. Time out," She told them. Nico and I got up, standing awkwardly beside her.

Bianca looked at them curiously before pointing her finger at them, "Who are you, people?"

"And what was that furry thing?" I added to her question. Nico looked at me, his eyes saying 'You know what it was.' I sighed, "Nico minotaurs aren't real."

The huntress leader girl turned to us, her face much different from before. It had softened slightly "It might be a better question, my dear girl, to ask who are you! Who are your parents?"

Bianca looked at me, she knew about the dreams. For the last few days, I've been having vague dreams about a throne but that's just my imagination...

Could we even trust these people, but then again they did save us. I stepped forward, "Our parents are, erm, gone. We're orphans," I lied, which also wasn't a lie at the same time it was just the half-truth. The whole truth is we had no idea who our parents were