Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.

Start from the beginning

Dream looked at their hands, shy like he knew he had been caught. George looked down again over to Dream's plate.

"Why are you stealing mine? You still have some on your plate!" George yelled.

Dream smiled, a slight tint on his cheeks, "but they taste so much better when I'm stealing them from you."

George glared at him before sighing, "give me your plate." Dream gave him the plate and George put his chicken on Dream's plate.

"Now we can share them. Happy?" George asked. Dream nodded and George let go of his hand. They had gotten through Cinderella and they went downstairs to put their dishes away. Then they went back up to George's room to do homework with him.

"Let's go to the skate park tonight." Dream said.

"If you want to go to the park, we have to do this homework." George said.

Dream groaned, "But it's not due until Thursday."

George looked over to him, "And are you going to do it on Thursday?" Dream thought about it for a second.

"If you do it with me." Dream said with a smirk.

George rolled his eyes, "I'm doing it with you right now. Just do it." Dream laid down on his back.

"We could do it right now if you tell me that you love me." Dream bargained.

"Wha- if we don't do this right now, we won't be able to go to the skatepark." George argued.

"Just tell me you love me." Dream said. "You can't just make it more unfair for me, that's ridiculous." George said.

"Well, we could just not do the homework at all." Dream suggested.

"Dream, we have to do this homework now. Don't you want to go to the skatepark?" George asked.

"I want you to tell me you love me." Dream replied.

George groaned, "I'll do this homework by myself then." George said as he started to type on his computer. Dream just closed the laptop and laid his head on it in George's lap. George's face fell in disappointment. Why did he think he would be able to do it by himself?

"C'mon George, what's so hard? Just tell me you love me. Like I love you." Dream said, the sentence ending shortly like he was in shock. Shock of what?

"I love you, Dream. Now let's get this done." George said. Dream smiled, but it looked slightly sad as he sat back up to work on his computer.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Dream liked someone who didn't like him back. Shit, he didn't even know if George liked guys or not. Dream hated the awkward feeling that he had given himself. Dream liked George. And now he knew that. But George doesn't like Dream. It was a talent that Dream had, to be able to tell if someone liked him. He was great at reading people, and right now it was a curse.

Even as George said the words, George showed absolutely no signs of liking him more than a friend. And now Dream had to spend the rest of the day with him, trying not to express his feelings.

They also went to the skate park that evening, when Dream's dad was asleep. He didn't want to flirt with George anymore, but he had to keep up the act. They spun together in their skates. Hands held together as they danced and twirled. Every lean in made Dream want to immediately push away. But he let George push away, a smile pushing past his sadness and landing on his face.