Wednesdays are odd.

George woke up on the living room couch. He didn't know when or how he had gotten there but he didn't question it now. He could hear his alarm going off in his room all the way up his stairs, making him jump up and sprint to his room.

The sound stopped before he reached the door and he saw his little sister walking out of the room. He was glad that no one else had woken up, or else he would have had to make a bigger breakfast. He felt like he had an okay amount of sleep last night but he didn't even know when he went to sleep. He would ask Dream about it today.

It was already Wednesday, the third day of their week. He was confused by Dream's requests, he had been only asking for easy things. Usually, this would mean that the week wouldn't be too bad. But George still felt anxious about the upcoming days. Dream wasn't the predictable type, he didn't know when he would suddenly change his bets to be harder. Or when he would start betting things for him to do while they were in school.

He wouldn't bet anything too embarrassing, would he? Now that George thought about it, he really didn't know anything about Dream. Dream could easily make him embarrass himself in front of the whole school. Why did Dream take the bet in the first place? He had to have known that he was going to win. Maybe that's why he had taken the bet in the first place.

Dream really could ask anything of him and he would have to do it. Well, he did have his safe word, but they had decided that he could only use it three more times since he had been using it for stupid things. After those three more times, he would have to do anything that Dream asked for. But he trusted Dream, he trusted him a lot.

Dream had never taken advantage of him, even when he was in his tired state. So, he just hoped that Dream wouldn't betray his trust now. Honestly, George really shouldn't expect anything less than betrayal. Dream was relatively popular, and he had heard about how popular kids would be fake friends with the new kids. George arrived at Techno's locker to see Niki there instead.

"Oh, hey George! Techno had some family business to attend to out of state. He won't be back until Monday." Niki said.

Great. Now he had no one to complain to. Of course, he had Techno's number, but he doubted that he would be able to text back wherever he was.

Niki continued, "and at lunch I'm going to be sitting at Minx's table, so you can join us there if you'd like." Even better, he would be sitting next to a bunch of people he didn't know.

"I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll just hang out in the library. I have a lot of work to catch up on." George replied. Niki smiled understanding that George really just didn't want to sit with a bunch of random people.

It's not that George didn't want to meet new people; he had no problem with making a lot of friends already. It was just the fact that he would be awkwardly eating lunch with them. He would much rather sit at the library with a book, he didn't even mind not eating lunch since he could just go home and eat once school was done.

The conversation had ended and they went their separate ways, George relied on muscle memory to take him to his classes since he really wasn't paying attention when Techno guided him. He made it to his class, the second one in this time. And he was reasonably shocked to see that the other person that was there was Dream. Dream had always been the last one in class.

Dream looked up upon hearing footsteps and their eyes met. Dream gave George a wink and George blinked back. George felt like today was going to be a little different than the previous ones.

He walked out of his class and felt a presence walking beside him. He looked to his right and saw someone's shoulder, making him look up to see the person staring down at him. The man gave him a wink. "Noticed Techno wasn't walking with you today." Dream said.