6 - The Bond

(Been proofread)

Authors note: Thank you so much for 100 reads! it's only been a week since I starting writing, I'm so overjoyed.

Madeline's POV

I found myself sitting up suddenly as a gasp left my throat, I had regained my ability to move. The last thing I had to remember was sitting at the table when Demetrius yelled at me to watch out for something. Then I remembered the pain that crept slowly up my neck that caused me to fall unconscious. How long had I been out for?

I studied the room I was in. The decor of dark furniture ranging from different shades of black made it hard for me to distinguish everything, even under the sunlight that struggling to shine in through the long grey drapes adjacent to the bed I was situated in. Wait, a bed? I drew my attention to the sheets, a thick fluffy white duvet had been drapped over me as I sat on black sheets, and odd combination in comparison to the rest of the rooms aesthetic. This was not my room at the Coven, nor was it my room back home. Where was I?

"You're awake." I heard Demetrius speak and my head twisted in the direction of a door I hadn't noticed before, he was standing in the doorway in a pair of dark wash blue jeans and a long sleeve black shirt, far more casual than the attire I had seen him in previously. "Calla said you would be out for six hours."

"I've been asleep for six hours?" I exclaimed, disappointed when he shook his head. "Try twelve." He corrected me. I looked down at my lap and rubbed my eyes out of stress, my father will have my head for this I just know it. How could I have fallen asleep? Where was I? I couldn't push myself to move from my place on the unfamiliar bed that smelt only of fresh linen.

"I wasn't sure whether you would have appreciated your clothes to be changed while you were unconscious but there is something a little more comfortable at the foot of the bed if you want to now." He added.

The gesture had my cheeks burn unwillingly, but the overwhelming uncertainty of my location and the events that transpired in the last twelve hours were too much pressure on me to allow myself the satisfaction of thanking Demetrius. It was the bare minimum.

"Where am I?" I asked, I noticed how Demetrius' posture stilled at my question and there was a brief silence that hung between us, as if he was unsure of how to answer my question. He sighed. "You're in my home." He finally admitted. I felt the breath leave my lungs and I visibly choked.

I couldn't possibly be in Demetrius' home, The Nighwalkers Pack was miles away from a the Divine Coven, there was no way I could have ended up here in such a short amount of time, how did I end up here?

Was I the only one here? What would my father think when he hears about this? Did my father even know of my whereabouts? So many questions were running through my mind and I felt myself squeeze the sheets beneath me for support.

"I assure you I'll explain everything but all you need to know as of now is that The Divine Coven was attacked and for your own safety Madeline, I had to bring you here." Demetrius spoke once again.

I bite my lip at the thought of being so far away from my father and older sister, what if they were looking for me? "Alpha Renwi-"

"It's Demetrius to you." He interrupted, his tone affirmative as though it was not an offer, but a statement that it was what he wanted me to refer to him as. I swallowed the lump in my throat. "Demetrius I am so thankful for you for keeping me safe, but I would like to go back to my family you, can't keep me here."

"I'll take you back to your father when it's safe." He debated. "But until I'm told it is safe to do so by either Calla or Cressida, I will be following the advice given to me by Cressida and watch over you for the meantime."