All our heads snap to hers in question. She shares a look with the three others and something seems to click and evoke in them.

All heads turn to me.

''Kayden.'' They speak in unison, tone flat.

Jesus Christ. I haven't told them anything, but I was on the phone with Soyana while he came over that Sunday night a couple of days ago. I'd left my phone on the couch and she'd hung up by the time I grabbed it later when Kayden had left after we watched a movie.

''What about him?'' I query.

''Seriously? We're playing that game?'' Jenn grumbles.

Yeah, there's no escaping their cautioning glares. I'm not getting out of this one.

I meet Cassie's eyes before I I can even start disclosing anything. ''You're cool with this, right?''

Her eyes flash in excitement. ''Are you kidding me? Do you know how long I've been waiting for a sister-in-law?''

I simply nod, dodging the ridiculous remark.

''So it turns out the chick in that picture was trying to get him to take her back to his hotel. Got handsy and everything, he was trying to tell her to fuck off or something by leaning in. That's what we saw in the pics.''

''Okay, good.'' Nara nods. ''He was really nice so I wasn't looking forward to kicking his ass at all.''

''No ass kicking needed, indeed.'' I hold my breath, knowing the weight my next words carry. ''We're going out instead.''

Silence falls. Eyes bug. Mouths drop.

And dead. Fucking. Silence.

''No the fuck you're not.'' Ivana is the first to screech.

''Yep. I told you from the beginning, the fuckers one smooth talker.'' I nod in confirmation.

''Oh my God, how did this happen?'' Nara squeals, all the others along with her.

''Can you guys calm the fuck down? We're going on a date and you're acting as if I just invited you guys to our wedding.'' I gripe.

''Start to finish. Go.'' Jenn demands. ''I can't believe you're finally giving somebody a chance, I could just cry right now.'' They know how huge this is for me.

''You guys, there's not even much to say.'' I admit. ''Things were... weird after that kiss. We'd barely spoken the week after and then especially after those pictures got leaked. I was disgusted. He kept calling, of course, and came over Sunday night when I was literally on the verge of blocking his ass. We cleared the air, he asked again and... I don't know. I guess I just really want to go out with him.'' I finish off with a shrug. ''Don't blow this out of proportion, please.''

I know I was playing myself when I tried to tell me I wasn't developing feelings for him. Every day I fall deeper and deeper into the pit hole of these strange fucking emotions I've never experienced before. I just know Kayden is one of the best men I've ever met. Its hard to believe a guy like that is so dead set on going out with me, but I don't question it anymore, that'll only drive me crazier. I just want to enjoy this. Him. I have spent years trying to make sure everyone and everything around me is settled and perfect, its fucking time I start doing something for me and allowing myself to accept joy and not see it as a form of distraction.

I'm done sabotaging my chances at happiness out of doubt for everyone's intentions with me. I fucking like Kayden, so yeah. I want to see where the hell this is headed. Maybe we'll realize we were better off as friends after the first date, or maybe I'll like him even more and this turns out to be something amazing. I don't know if he's even ready to fully commit with this life he's living or where I'd fit into the whole picture. But the most important thing is that I want to find out.