Acceptance

Devastated and perplexed and most of all, angry. Jenny felt betrayed.

"How could you hide something like that from me for all these years, I deserve to know who I truly am... My entire life has been nothing but a lie"

"I am very sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, Jen... I made a promise to your mother to keep you safe, it was her dying wish, what was I supposed to do?"

"Oh gee aunt I don't know... oh wait I do... How about telling me the truth!!" Jenny exclaimed

"But I just di-" Celia got interrupted

"After 12 years??? 12 whole years!!!... you knew I was having bizarre dreams, you were well aware I saw things, heard things and you played dumb... How could you? How am I even sure, that what I just saw was the truth?? For all I know, all this could be some kind of trick, are you even my aunt?? Huh??... maybe you picked me up from the street... who knows?? I can never trust you again!!!!" Jenny berated and stormed off to her bedroom.

Celia followed her upstairs, Jenny slammed the door shut against her, Celia stood outside to door to speak to her still.

"Honey... let's talk about this, I see you're hurt, I have lied to you, kept things from you but I did it to keep you, safe dear... There's a lot out there, Jen... Your mother, my sister made me commit to withholding the truth from you until you were ready, you saw everything... when your powers started peeking, I realized it was time to reveal the whole truth to you... Your mother's orders were clear! And I'm certain there's a solid reason she instructed me to do that... I had to go through with it, I'm sorry... open the door Jen... please"

A few moments later Jenny opened the door and squatted back on her bed.

"I wish she didn't do what she did" Jenny sobbed, Celia came closer and gave her a consoling hug.

"Oh sweetheart... it shattered my heart too but your mother was a hero, she sacrificed her life to save humanity, to save you... she loved so you much and I'm positive she's proud where ever she is... don't cry anymore darling" Celia comforted her.

"I do not want this life Aunt... I don't want to be a witch, being a witch killed my mother, witchcraft took my mother away from me, witchcraft is evil!!! And I do not wish to be a part of it... EVER!" Jenny said.

"Jen, don't say that; you can't stop being who you are, you're a witch and that's not a bad thing, trust me... It was your mother's wish that you become one, one day, witchcraft is not evil" Celia replied.

"No, Aunt! All these are happening way too fast... I know my mum wanted me to be a witch but I don't want to, end of discussion... Goodnight Aunt, I have to go to sleep now, it will be dawn soon" Jenny deadpanned and went to sleep.

Celia exhaled sharply.

"Goodnight honey..."

At exactly 7 am Jenny woke up, she didn't have strange dreams like she usually does, she brushed her teeth, had her shower, and got ready for school, Jenny didn't wear her hair up this time.

Celia was preparing breakfast.

"Jen... you're up early, I made pancakes honey, want some?"

Jenny gave a cold and dismissive response.

"Not hungry Aunt..."

Celia sensed Jenny was still in a foul mood, "Okay then... the school bus will be here soon, are you sure you won't have breakfast?"

"No Aunt I'm fine..." Jenny replied.

"Remember, everything that happened last night is a secret, you can't tell anyone not even Gary" Celia warned.