The Awakening

After school, she wanted to take the bus home but changed her mind and walked instead, her house was only a few meters away.

A strong whoosh of wind hit her, it felt strange and somewhat supernatural, almost like it was trying to get her attention. It got chilly all of a sudden, she folded her arms and hastened her steps.

A hissing voice called, she heard it but was not quite sure, she started to get scared. Jenny looked around her and it was deserted, there was no soul in sight, she got more frightened, regretted ditching the school bus.

Now she's few blocks away from her house, the creepiness abated, when Jenny got to her doorstep and pressed the doorbell but no one answered. Jenny presses it again and still no answer. She began to feel uneasy.

She knocked the door, still no answer.

"Maybe aunt Celia is out" Jenny thought.

She remembered her Aunt Celia keeps a spare key under the mat.

She snapped her fingers, bent down to reach for it and when she looked back up a strange symbol appeared on the door from nowhere, a rune, it glowed.

Jenny screamed on top of her voice and immediately her Aunt Celia opened the door.

"Honey, what's wrong? Why are you screaming" she held Jenny.

Frightened Jenny pointed at the door.

"There's something there, it's moving, I'm hearing things and seeing things, aunt Celia look!!" she pointed at the door but it had disappeared.

"It's gone!! I swear something was there!!!" She shivered.

Neighbors started looking, her aunt took her inside and shut the door behind them while trying to comfort Jenny.

"It's okay you're safe, you're fine, come inside"

"Aunt!! I know what I saw!! You might think I'm crazy but I know what I saw it... maybe I am going crazy, it was glowing and moving, it was a drawing thingy like magic or something and I keep hearing strange voices too" she rambled.

Celia leaned against a wall, looking worried but not so bothered.

"You're not crazy Jen... Don't be afraid, relax... go upstairs, I'll make you a sandwich"

Jennifer became a little upset because of her Aunt's indifferent reaction to what she said.

"Are you kidding me?? You don't believe me... Something is wrong and you're talking about lunch, sorry Aunt I'm not hungry!!!! Not after what I just witnessed"

Jenny started pacing with her palm on her face, she's tense. Celia not showing any reaction to her outburst, she made some tea.

"It's not the right hour to say anything now but don't be scared, there's nothing wrong with you, it will all be clear soon, just be patient... the hour is not right for it, it's not a witching hour... At the stroke of 12, I will reveal everything to you"

"Witching hour?!! What are you talking about? Tell me what's going on right now or I'll scream" Jenny threatened.

Celia sat on the armchair sipping her tea still not moved about the situation.

"Fine then... Scream, rip your hair off, go upstairs and freshen up kiddo, I promise I'll tell you everything... Patience, that's your first lesson"

"But Aunt-" Jenny said but got interrupted.

"But nothing... I'm not saying one more thing about this!! Just be patient!! Is that so hard??"

Jenny bolted up to her room angry without saying another word.