1:8

═════════════════════════ .✾.═

EVERYONE IS gathered in the meeting but to talk about mine and Thomas' punishment for breaking the most important rule.

Apparently according to Minho Thomas killed a griever, everyone was shocked by the recent events.

"Things are changing" Gally nods, "there's no denying that, first Ben gets stung in broad daylight and then Alby, and now two of our gladers here" he points at me and Thomas.

I smile a little "have taken it upon themselves, to go into the maze which is a clear violation in our rules here" he says waving his hand about.

"Yeah, but y/n saved Alby's life and found all these girls" Frypan points out "Did she?" Gally asks causing me to lower my head sadly.

"For three years we have coexisted with these things and now you've killed one of them" he points to Thomas "who knows what that could mean for us" the builder shrugs.

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" Newt asks Gally, the builder hesitated "they have to be punished" he looks at me and mouths 'sorry greenbean' I nod at him sighing.

The boys break into chatter "Minho you were there with Thomas and well. Most of the time with Y/n, what do you think?" Newt asks causing the chatter to die down.

Minho sighs "I think that in all the time we've been here, no ones ever griever before, nor have they found a tunnel" Gally looks at me and Thomas.

"When I turn tail and ran these dumb shanks stood behind to help Alby, well one of them did look I don't know if she's brave or stupid" Minho pauses and I huff.

"But both of these idiots did things that were unimaginable, whatever it is, we need more of it... I say we make them runners." He says, confidence in his voice.

I can't help but smile widely, the boys break out into chatter again whilst Newt looks at me with a worried look, I stick my tongue out playfully to cheer him up.

Nothing worked, I lost my smile and now I had the worried look, "Minho let's not jump the gun here alright?" Frypan argues.

Chuck cheers "Y/N! Y/N! Y/N!" Then he cheered for Thomas causing me to smile again, "if you wanna throw the newbies a parade. That's fine!" Gally yells.

"Go ahead, but if there is one thing that I know about the maze. It is that you do not" Gally gets cut off by the alarm, i rush outside to see all the fielders huddle around the cage.

I run over and make my way to the front. "The box it's coming back up!" Chuck says and Minho looks at him "it shouldn't be" all the boy ran.

I open the cage and jump down, newt beside me "Newt what do you see!" A boy asks, i gasp to see a girl "it's a girl" Newt replies.

"I think she's dead" newt thinks aloud, i see Thomas break through the crowd, i step closer to the girl "what's in her hand?" Gally asks.

I grab it "she's the last one ever" newt reads from my hands "what the hell does that mean?" He asks and I examine the girl closer, I knew her!

She then gasps sitting up, we head butt one another and I stumble back, newt caught me as the girl takes shallow breaths "y/n, Thomas.." then she passes out.

All the boys and girls look at me and Thomas "you still think I'm overreacting?" Gally asks and I laugh, "sorry..." I mumble as everyone returns their gaze to me.

The fielders and me enter the hut I hear Alby wheezing, I sigh and look over at him then the girl "Why won't she wake up?" The little girl asks holding my hand.

"Aye little one I got my job the same way everyone else did." The med-jack replies, silence follows and newt, Thomas all the boys enter the room.

"Do you recognise her?" Newt asks me in my ear and my body freezes, he notices this and puts his hands on my shoulders making me more calm.

"You won't believe me.." I quietly reply and walk out the room as the others look down at the girl, i go to my place with the fireflies.

I sigh but then a song escapes my mouth that I didn't know "I was running far away would I run off the world someday?" I sing "nobody knows, nobody even knows" then I hear a snap behind me.

I stop singing and turn around to see Chuck "I know that song too!" He smiles and sits down next to me "do you want to sing it together, i thought company might help you seeming a lot is going on"

I nod and clear my throat, Chuck does the same "I was dancing in the rain I felt alive and I can't complain" we sing in unison as we watch the sun go down and fireflies appear.

"But now take me home.. take me home where I belong.. I can't take it anymore" I stop singing and lay my head on chuck's shoulder "thanks Chuck" I smile and he replies "maybe that could be our song!"

I remove my head from his shoulder smiling "sure thing kiddo" I mess up his hair like the first time we met "y/n?" Chuck whispers.

I hum in response "what did you mean back in the hut we wouldn't believe you?" He asks and continues speaking "you know you can tell me anything, right? I promise I won't tell" the boy pouts his lips.

"Fine..." I mumble wrapping an arm around him. I tell him everything about the flashbacks and he looks amazed "you have a sister! And she's right here!? That's crazy!" He laughs.

I laugh and we start talking as we watch the bugs with the lights that I love so much fly around. He then falls asleep on my laps and I pat his head.