"This dress of yours." Another lady pointed, she was one of the snobs who passed her a condescending look, Mrs. Walker "Who is the designer, or did you get it from a local store in India? I've heard you people are poor."

Can she punch this lady square in her face?

"You shouldn't be hearing local rumors, Mrs. Walker, We Indians are the ones who make the global economy run, last I checked poor people don't do that." She raised a brow at her, her eyes blazing fire but a sinister smile playing on her lips
"You must be knowing about the article in Economic standard this month which quoted that Indians and Indian Markets are 30% contributors to the Global Economy. But I guess You wouldn't have read it, It's a Business magazine, not your regular Fashion or Makeup. I will gladly share the link with you if you wish to give it a read but I advise you to go for someone else to explain it to you. Those big business terms would fly above your head and you would be wasting your not-so-important time on it when you could go to another Balmain or Versace store and shop till you drop. Right?" 

Aishwarya stood up from the table "Now if you Excuse me, I would like a refill." She glanced at Mrs. Walker who had her jaw clenched as the words registered in her mind. She smiled toward Mrs. Miller and other ladies, turning and walking out of their earshot.

"Can I get some vodka shots?" She placed her order to the bartender who looked surprisingly at her but passed her a shot, which she gulped the next second, and then downed one more.

"You're feisty." A voice announced to Aishwarya as she placed the empty shot glass back, a lady dressed in a beautiful dark blue gown. Her dark hair was pulled up in a bun, tendrils of hair framing her face.

A beautiful choker piece on her neck and stone earrings adorning her ears. She was sipping a glass of water sitting on the bar stool, eyes dancing in amusement and a smile showing off her dimples.

"H..uh, yes?" Aish was confused as the woman placed her glass back down, tipping her chin at the back.

"It was a long time due for Yvonne, someone had to shut her up and you did it."

"Yvonne ?" Aish asked incredulously.

"Mrs. Yvonne Walker, The woman you put at her place a few minutes back." The curve of her lip indicated her joy at the situation. "I should say I am impressed."

"You weren't there, how come you know ?" Aish inquired and the woman smiled at her.

"I may, may not have sources in here." She winked at her.

"Sources? This is a conference welcome party, but whatever." Aish mumbled shaking her head "One more, please." She raised her hand, ordering another shot.

"One more?" She tossed amused "Is it that bad?"

"Don't ask. But you seem happy about me giving her back, why?" Aish was curious, why was she glowing on her insult?

"She is a leech, sticking to men, even the married ones." she gritted the last part "But you did shut her up, and I can see you being the talk of the party" listening to her Aish glanced and could feel the piercing glares on her.

Don't bring a lot of attention to yourself, stay low. Leo had advised her before they entered the halls.

"Bappa, Kyu?" She whined, tapping at the bar for her glass. "Hurry, my shot?"

The Bartender unsurely placed the glass and Aishwarya grabbed it when a hand held her down.

"Easy there tiger" She heard Leo whisper in her ears, she could feel him standing so close to her, half turning she looked at his face, so close.

Leo took the glass forwarding it back to the bartender, giving him a warning look.