~ 5 ~

— ☽ —

Around half an hour after they got scolded by Mrs. Hwang, they finally finished and stared at each other for a little while. The silence was comfortable but very intense as they stared at each other—although it was through a computer screen. Jake had a slight blush on his cheeks that didn't go unnoticed by the younger.

"So, maybe we can talk about random stuff now" Sunghoon gushed and rubbed the back of his neck again. "What have you been up to during quarantine?" Jake asked, resting his chin in between both of his palms. Every once in a while Sunghoon would avoid the older's stare and look off to the side to calm his fast-beating heart.

"Sleeping. I really don't have anything else to do besides sleep" Sunghoon stated truthfully but this only made Jake giggled. Agh, how cute is his giggle~ The raven-haired teen laughed as well. "What about you Jake?" Jake looked off to the side and thought for a little before answering.

"I've been drawing a lot but other than that, sleeping as well" Jake answered with a little grin. There always was a short period of silence after they answered each other's questions so it was still questionable if they were having an awkward conversation or if it was just because they were shy. No, it's both.

"You know uh I saw that were in the same math class as well," Jake said softly. He was pushing his brown locks out of his eyes and looked into his computer even more intensely to fix his hair to his desire. "Ah yeah, Jay mentioned that before..." Sunghoon whispered to himself before speaking a bit louder. "Yeah, I saw as well. I actually have a bit of a hard time in math" The younger said cheekily with a little squint of his eyes. There was a sudden shine of light coming through Jake's window beside him, casing a beautiful glow upon the older. 

"Really? I can help if you'd like! I enjoy math so I would be glad to help you out~" Sunghoon now could confirm that the older was indeed, one of the kindest people he's ever met. The little glint in the older's eyes could confirm as well, that he was telling the truth. "Are you sure? I don't want to trouble you at all" Sunghoon was immediately cut off by the small male. "I really don't mind. ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ" The older stated and made sure to whisper the last part. His face came a much more visible red.

"What was that?" "N-nothing, don't worry about it!" Sunghoon only tilted his head and dismissed the fact Jake was much tenser than before. "So do you m-maybe want to exchange numbers?" The younger froze for a little before the realization hit him. He's not trying to hit on you, he's just asking for your number so that he can help you with math. Get it together Sunghoon.

"Y-yeah, what's your number?" Sunghoon stuttered, pulling his phone from his hoodie pocket. The older fumbled around before Sunghoon could see a black phone in his grasp, his little fingers tapping away on his screen. "Here's my number."

— ☽ —

"AND HE, AND HE... HE GAVE ME HIS NUMBER!!" Sunghoon yelled and buried his face into his pillow. Again, he and Jay found themselves FaceTiming. They tried again to do their homework together yet it still ended the same, Sunghoon telling Jay all about Jake. "You really should thank Mrs. Hwang then," Jay said flatly. Jay was trying his best to actually do his work but with Sunghoon thrashing around on his bed and loudly fanboying to himself, it seemed impossible to even begin.

"Use this as a chance to get close with him, that's what I would do" The blond male stated with a little furrow of his eyebrows. Sunghoon brushed his hair out of his face and quickly shook his head. "I couldn't. He probably isn't even interested in me, he's just gave me his number to help me with math" "Well, what did you guys talk about. Besides the assignment we had today?"

Sunghoon thought back and immediately found himself screaming into his pillow again. The thought of him and Jake having a somewhat normal conversation replayed over and over again. "We introduced ourselves and talked about what we like to do. Like I found he playing the violin and soccer in Australia!" Sunghoon was getting awfully happy whilst talking about him, it scared Jay a little. "See there's a possibility that he wants to become close with you! He asked about you and you found things out about each other that you didn't know before right?" "Yeah..."

— ☽ —

"Are you sure you don't want to eat more?!" Mrs. Park yelled from down the stairs. Sunghoon just finished eating dinner and was going to probably pull an all-nighter. He loved to sleep during the day, sometimes even during class, so sleeping at night was hard. Often, he'd find himself up until early morning around 4-5 am watching random videos on YouTube or playing with something he found deep in his closet. "I'm fine! Thank you though!"

He made his way into his room and shut the door before bombing onto his bed. The moments from his English class replayed again and he couldn't stop smiling like a fool. But, he suddenly remembers that he had yet to text Jake back. The older had given him his number, telling him to text after school so he knew his number but, he never did. "Crap—"

<3

JAKE :O

Hey! This is Jake Sim right?

Yes :))

This must be Sunghoon then?

<3

Sunghoon was shocked, at the very least, at how quickly the older answered his texts.

<3

JAKE :O

Yup :))

I just came to tell you that this is my number

Thank you, lemme go save your contact really quick 🙂

Okayyy

So uh, what should we... do?

Uh, I'm not sure 0-0

Actually

Since we had math today, were there any topics you didn't understand?

Hmm

Yes actually 🥲

Maybe, if you're comfortable with it...

Do you want to FaceTime or something? So I can help you out?

<3

Sunghoon most definitely let out the loudest screech.

. . .

2 / 17 / 21
22 : 52

Hello lovely people <33 I'm not sure what to say about this part but HERE IT IS ALSO, I thought of another Jakehoon plot and I lowkey love it-
- MINA -